Chapter Four

Jade's POV

__________

I just sat there staring at the screen of my laptop. I wasn't watching anything. I was in deep thought. Memories from the past years rushed through my head.

I remember the day Ashton stood up to them. I don't think I will ver have the nerves to do what Ashton did. He stood up to them the year it all started.

Ashton isn't afraid of them anymore. He wasn't really a victim, but they have bothered him. Especially when he was around me.

"Jade! Dinner is ready!", I heard my mum call from downstairs which pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Coming!", I yelled.

I got up and walked downstairs to the dining room. I sat down.

"Where is dad?", I asked.

"He has to go eat dinner with his co-workers.", she said. Dad is out a lot. My mum works too, but isn't gone so much. She is here usually everyday in the afternoons but sometimes she has to go out, like yesterday.

"Oh.", I simply replied.

"What's wrong? Were you crying?" Crap. I had forgotten that I was crying.

"I was watching a movie and I got a bit emotional. You know I get emotional with movies.", I said.

"Oh right, I had forgotten. What movie did you watch?"

"Titanic.", I lied. Well, I do get emotional every time I watch that movie. I've watched at least ten times and I still get emotional even though I know what is going to happen next in the movie.

"Of course.", My mum said with a laugh.

I began to eat my food and a few moments later my mum cleared her throat. I quickly swallowed my food and wiped my mouth with a napkin.

"Yeah?", I asked.

"I am going to go away this weekend with your dad. I'm leaving on Friday morning. Our anniversary is on Saturday and we would like to spend some time together away from everyone. Is that okay with you? Are you okay staying here alone?"

"Yeah, it's fine. It's your anniversary and you should spend it nicely.", I said with a warm smile.

"Thank you. I really had to tell you."

"Where are you going?"

"We are going to Fraser Island. Remember we've gone there before?" The memories flowed in my head. I did remember. I remember that I was young. About 12 years old. I remember I had the best time of my life. That was before all the problems started and I was much happier than I am now.

"Of course. Why wouldn't I?"

"Just wondering. Maybe we can go there soon and you can bring Ashton.", she said. My mum loves Ashton.

"That's a great idea!", I said.

"We can plan that later.", my mum said and then got up and put her dishes in the dishwasher. I got up and did the same.

"I can wash them of you'd like.", I said.

"No, no. It's fine. I have done a lot of work in this house lately. You go rest, okay.", my mum insisted.

"Okay.", I sighed and walked up to my room. I was so bored that I went to bed a lot earlier than usual.

****

I woke up to the familiar sound of my alarm. I turned it off and walked to the bathroom. I took a quick shower and then blow dried my hair.

I changed and I remembered to put some makeup on my face to cover up my hideous bruise.