Chapter 63

"What's wrong?" I asked Harvey who's giving an unusual reaction.

Kararating lang namin sa mansion. A lot of bodyguards that were waiting for us, escorted us inside the house. I could feel the tension and normally, Harvey would be looking serious or deadly but now, he looked fallen and sad.

Very unusual indeed.

I got caught off guard when he stopped and hugged me out of nowhere. My face was buried against his chest making me feel his warmth and the fast beating of his heart.

"Our date got ruined."

I looked up to see him already looking down at me. "That's it? It isn't about the attack?"

"I'll make it up to you next time." His voice that carried his promise was soft as a pillow as his breath fanned my face.

He leaned a little bit and give a gentle kiss on my forehead.

Pinilit kong itago ang init ng aking mukha at yumuko. I wanted to say something, but I was a little embarrassed knowing that a dozen of our men was surrounding us, watching this scene.

When he left, I wanted to follow him. Gusto kong makita kung sino ang nahuli nila pero ayaw ni Harvey. It was better to not let myself be seen our enemy thought I was injured. That was the reason why my mother was with Richelle in the hospital.

Gusto ko talagang malaman kung sino ang laging determinadong kunin ang aking buhay. I knew dad knew who. I was always observing them when we're talking about his. Lagi niyang binabago o pinuputol ang usapan.

With dad's actions and lack of response to the situation, I could conclude that he didn't wanna do something to this person. Pero bakit? Sino ang taong iniiwasan niya. It's either he values that person more than me, more powerful than us or a person he was afraid of.

First option was out of the list. Mom would kill him if he valued another person than us. That left us with second and third. Yung pangalawa ay medyo malabo. Yung pangatlo...

He wasn't scared on someone. Well, mom was an exception but... it's more appropriate to say that dad owe this person a lot.

It was a waste of energy to get information from dad or Harvey. They're on the same boat when it comes to this. They always wanted to keep me in the shadows.

I must figure this one myself.

"Dolphinately Gorgeous?" Nabigla ako nang may magsalita pagkapasok ko sa kwarto pero hindi ako nangamba.

Knight was here inside my room and seeing him sleeping on the corners, this person was not a threat.

"That shirt even knows you."

I smiled upon seeing him. "Lumiere..." Seeing him in a good state, my mind felt at ease.

He walked closer while wearing his boyish smile. Nang makalapit siya ay umangat ang kanyang kamay para abutin ang aking mukha. I smiled a bit but then my eyes landed on the mirror behind him. I saw my shirt and unconsciously, I took a step back.

Huminto ang kamay siya sa ere at ang kaninang nakangiting ekspresyon niya ay napalitan ng pagtataka. I too was confused why I felt hesitant to have a simple physical contact with him. Basta noong nakita ko ung t-shirt ko sa salamin, naalala ko si Harvey.

Having a contact with him felt wrong.

"I heard what happened. Should you be in the hospital?"

"Nothing's important there."

"They'll be looking for you. It's best to go back."

His smile returned but it wasn't the same as earlier. The first one was real but this one seemed just for show.