Chapter 30

Medyo ginabi na kami dahil tumulong pa kami sa pagliligpit ng pinagkainan. Hindi sana namin balak kumain don pero nagpumilit ung mga tao sa orphanage. Yun nalang daw ang kapalit dahil sa pagtulong namin sa mga bata.

Nasa sasakyan kami nang ikwento ko kay Lumiere ung tungkol sa lalaking sumusunod sa'min ni Yka noon. I planned to tell him everything but my mind changed when he suddenly became quiet and I felt like he was thinking something deep.

Papasok na ko sa kwarto nang tinawag niya 'ko.

"I need to tell you something." Sa mukha niya palang at tono, parang napaka seryoso ng sasabihin niya sa'kin.

"What is it?" He took a deep breath before talking.

"I think HD sent the guy who followed you." My heart pounded hard with his statement. HD sent the guy? Hindi siya sigurado pero ang marinig ang mga salitang 'yon ay talagang nagpapakaba sa akin ngayon.

"What? H-how? Why?" Hindi siya makatingin ng diretso sa akin and I found something odd with his movements. "D-did you tell him?"

"No! I would never do that. B-but I m-may have t-ticked his curiosity about you."

"How did that happen? What did you do?"

"I didn't know that he had no idea. You told me he knew so I went and talked to him. I didn't directly told him about you and then he talked about some Gerry Ynares which he said was your real identity.  I got the pieces together and I noticed that he didn't really know and that you're still lying. I left before he realized something but...I think he got the clue."

"F*ck! Why did you have to go to him? Why couldn't you just stay still and kept quiet?"

"I know I made a mistake. I'm sorry okay. I didn't mean to."

"I need to think."

I paced back and forth trying to hide the fact that I was panicking. Hindi ko alam ang gagawin ko kapag nalaman niya. My original plan was to leave this place before they all notice something. Itutuloy ko na ba ung planong 'yon? Kailangan ko na bang umalis? Pero san ako pupunta?

"I can help y--" I turned to him and looked him dead straight as I coldly speak.

"No. You have done a very helpful thing around here. I was really starting to like you but what did was very stupid. This is not part of my plan; you were not part of the plan. I should've taken care of you in the first place. I even trusted you but I guess it was my fault in the first place after all. I should've thought every possible side of this little play, so ­no. Thank you for your help but I already know what to do. " 

Taliwas ang reaksyon niya sa inaasahan ko. I was hoping he'll be falling between disappointment and guilt but he was smiling widely and that made me confused. I rolled my eyes when he laughed. "You are hell of a f*cking jerk if you find this all amusing." Tumigil siya sa pagtawa pero hindi nawawala sa mukha niya ang malawak na ngisi niya. "Drop that smile or I'll punch you straight." Pagbabanta ko.

I gave him a death glare and it was obvious that he's trying not to smile but he couldn't so true to my word, I punched him. He caught my right fist but it made him stepped back that his back hit his door.

"Sorry but I couldn't focus on your words after you said you like me." Oh God! Please help me control myself and not to kill this man. Sa sitwasyon ko ngayon, 'yan pa ang napagtuunan niya ng pansin? Grabe!

Ibinaba niya ng kamay ko at pilit ko tong hinihila pero mahigpit ang hawak niya. I faked a smile so I can return his.

"You are really a son of a ---"