Chapter 58

"You can meet him now, sir."

I stood up, fixed my tie and flattened my suit. I glanced at the woman in a business suit with a smile plastered on her face. Not a second later, she walked and I followed.

Habang nakatingin ako sa pintuang palaki ng palaki sa aking paningin ay hindi ko maiwasang mainip. I waited long enough for this. Half a year.

6 months without having no news about her. She was so close by I couldn't even reach her. Funny though, the only way to ger some information was to set up a meeting.

Another two months of waiting for this day.

The woman opened the door and slightly bowed as her hand gestured me to enter and I did.

Hindi na 'ko nag aksayang tignan ang itsura ng kanyang opisina at agad nilagay ang aking atensyon sa lalaking may kausap sa telepono. He was sitting behind his mahogany desk. He glanced at me and pointed on the sofa infront, asking me to sit.

"Yes. Tell her we do what she wants."

My jaw tightened upon hearing his words. Gusto kong kunin sa kanya ang telepono at kausapin ang nasa kabilang linya. I could feel that it had something to do with her.

Sa kabila ng kagustuhang gawin 'yon ay pinigilan ko ang sarili at umupo. I have waited long enough. Maybe waiting for a couple of minutes wouldn't make any difference.

Nang matapos siya ay inokupa niya ang pang isahang sofa sa aking kaliwa.

"I want to know." I said without any formalities.

He exhaled deeply and laid back against the sofa. Para siyang pagud na pagod na nakakuha ng segundo para magpahinga.

"For start, I oppose meeting you." Hindi ko maiwasang makaramdam ng inis dahil sa kanyang sinabi. "But we owe it to you and Gem wants to. Siguro alam mo na na anak ko siya..."

My body became stiffed upon hearing her name.

"Where is she?"

"I remember myself on you. The impatience..." He smiled a little.  "That mother and daughter pair was very similar. My queen also pretended as a boy when we were studying. She was a hearthrob."

"Mr. Mendez, please get into the point. You owe it to me, as you said."

I was tired of people telling me lies. The twins and Bryan. Not to mention that asshöle Roux who went missing. I swore that if I ever see that son of a bïtch, I'd teach him a lesson. Last data I got was he was in Paris. His family held a party and his date was definitely her.

I couldn't missed her with the fake her. I was certain that it was her. Napakuyom ako ng aking mga kamay. Magkasama silang dalawa sa Paris.

"I want to see her. Kababalik niya lang galing sa Paris, hindi ba?"

"Of course you would know." He sighed again. "I never knew that she'd be with you all along. We got someone to replace her as a bait."

"A bait?"

"Yes. I tried to conceal my daughter to protect her but her intelligence was so vast that she offended someone powerful. Not as powerful as my family but deadly and evil."