Chapter 28

I didn't feel like getting up now. Although it was morning on a school day, I just couldn't. I've been doing chemo for a couple weeks now, and let me tell ya, it's not fun. I feel like shit, my skin is getting paler, and my hair is thinning . 

That was what I was the most upset about; My hair. 

I turned off my alarm and rolled over, I was staying in bed for now in my grey tank top and shorts. I heard a knock on my door as I drifted off to sleep again, it woke me up. 

"What?" I groaned. 

The door opened, it was Frankie. "Hey." He said. "How are you feeling 

"Not, good." I said, tossing my blanket over my head.

"I'm sorry." He said. 

I turned over to face him, rubbing my eyes. "I'm staying home today, mom already called the principle." I explained. 

"You shoulder." He replied, tucking some of my hair behind my ear. "You don't look very good."  

I looked over at my clock and my eyes widened. "Frank!" I said. "You need to get going or you'll be late for school!" 

He shrugged his shoulders. "I'm not going to school today." He replied. "I'm staying here with you." 

"No no no." I protested, sitting up. "I, will be fine. You, need to go to school." 

He lightly pushed me back down. "Nope, I'm staying with you Ally." He replied. 

"You're going to get in trouble." I said, putting my pillow over my face, my voice was muffled. 

"Oh well." He added. 

"So!" He said, hopping on to the bed next to me, putting an ankle over the other as he placed his backpack over his lap. "We could watch a movie, play a board game?" He suggested. "Cards maybe? Wait no, not that one." He muttered, tossing different kinds of cards. 

"I don't have a TV in here Frank." I pointed out. 

"Right, okay, card game or board game then." He replied. 

He pulled out a box of cards and grabbed a few, spreading them in his hands and holding them out. "Okay, pick a card." He said, his tongue poking out of the side of his mouth. 

I picked one, it was a three of spades. I put it back and he shuffled them, probably more than he needed to, making random weird facial expressions as he looked around, trying not to cheat. 

"Is this your card?" He asked, showing me....... A three of spades. 

"W-what, what the hell?!" I replied. "How did you.... Yes, that is my card." 

He gave a laugh. "Yes! Muah muah!" 

I rolled my eyes. "Okay, what should we do now?" He asked. 

I shrugged my shoulders."I'm tired." I said as I hit my pillow. "Maybe you should go to school, I'm going to sleep now." 

He plopped down on the pillow next to me. "Okay." He folded his hands across his stomach. "I'll wait." 

I turned over and tried to go to sleep. My eyelids grew heavy, and I pulled the blanket over my shoulder, so I was nice and warm too. Within about five minutes, Frank got up and wondered around, being bored I'd assume. 

He sat down and played with his cards, trying to build card castles. They kept falling over, I knew this sue to his irritated noises. I kind of just ignore it though. 

Over the next few hours, my sleep was on and off. Frank just wondered around, messing with stuff and playing with cards. He laid on the  floor beside my bed, at the end of my bed, and sat in the windowsill mostly.