Chapter 44

"You got the interview?" I asked. 

Frank nodded proudly. "Yeah, they interview me for my new job in a few days! God, I'm so nervous." 

"Where is it, again?" 

"At a little grocery store." He answered with. "I'm kinda nervous." He scratched the back of his neck. 

The corners of my lips turned up a bit and I wrapped my arms around him. "You'll do great, Frankie." 

He returned the hug. "Thanks." 

**********  

I tossed my backpack over my shoulder, the words "only a few more weeks of school", running through my head. My birthday was right around the corner, I'd be sixteen. Sixteenth birthdays are supposed to be a big deal, so my mom kept asking me what I was doing, as did Frank. But honestly, I didn't know. 

I shouted 'bye' as I shut the door and pattered down the porch steps. I looked over to Frank's house to see the door swing open and Frank stumble out. I couldn't help but chuckle as he stumbled down the steps with a piece of toast in his mouth.   

He caught up to me. "Slept in?" I asked as we began to walk.  

He nodded as his food went down. "Yup. Well, I kind of just ignored my alarm for some reason." 

I playfully slapped him upside the head. "Dummy." I muttered. "You can't do that if you get a job, you know." 

"I know." He breathed a laugh. "If I get the job."   

Our school came into view and I sighed. I didn't want him to get the job, I decided that. Obviously I had no control over it, and I wanted him to be able to keep his car and stuff, but still. He grabbed my hands and dragged me into the school. 

"We're going to be late!" He said in a sing-a-song voice. I chuckled a bit. 

"Okay, okay." I said.   

He dragged me up the stairs, ignoring any rude comments from the dickhead crew that were sitting there. We came to a screeching halt as one of our teachers shot us a glare, for running I'd assume. I gave a 'sorry, heh heh' smile, before we walked to our lockers. 

"Jeez, Frank." I said. "You're going to get us in trouble." 

"Nah." He he said, dismissively waving his wrist. "Anyway, let's get to class." 

We walked side-by-side to the classroom, which was full of annoying, loud, obnoxious people. I found a seat. Laughter began to build up as I placed my books on my desk, but I didn't know why, that is, until I looked up at the chalkboard.    

To: Ally, Anyone who told you to be yourself couldn't have given you worse advice. 

From: Kayla. 

Being the only Ally in this class, I knew that it was addressed to me. and plus, I knew who Kayla was, she's a bitch. I fail to see what the point of doing that is. I tried to just ignore it, and looked down at my book. I heard a chair scrap against the floor as if someone were standing up. I looked up to see Frank walking towards the chalkboard and erasing it.

He wrote something else, but I couldn't see until he moved. He brought his hands down in front of him, and pressed his lips together. The chalkboard now read, 

To: Kayla. You're boyfriend is cheating on you with the new girl. 

From: Frank. And he added a little smiley face as well. 

She gasped and stood up. "And you know this, how?" She asked. 

"You know, man," Frank began, looking at who I assumed was her boyfriend, "if you're going to make out with someone you're cheating on your girlfriend with, you might not want to do it in the hallway, in front of everyone, while your girlfriend, is in class."