Chapter 16

"A school play?" I asked, snatching the poster from Frank. "What. The hell?" 

"I don't know, it was just tapped to my locker, it was one a few others too." He explained. "Whatever, doesn't mean anything to me." He held the door open for me to walk into the lunch room. 

We made out way through food and paper being thrown at us. In fact, we were just ignoring it. We sat at our usual table and pulled out our lunches. I looked at his, and he looked at mine. 

"Switch." We collectively said. 

"Why do we always do that?" I asked. 

"I have no idea." He replied, tossing a hand in the air. "I just like what your mom gives you, but you don't." 

"Scenario game!" I shouted. 

"Awesome, me first." Frank replied. "Okay, so your options are to be stuck in a elevator for an hour with either a monkey or squirrel. Which one?" 

"Well, that's an interesting one." I said, rubbing my chin. "Hmm, monkey. Because squirrels are evil and the monkey would be able to just like, sit there and not try to chew on my ankle." We both gave a laugh. 

"I new you'd say something about evil squirrels!" He laughed. "You're turn." 

"Okay, lemme think." I replied as I took a bite of my food. "Got it! You're either trapped in a room with a giant spider for five minutes, or a deserted island, all by yourself for a week." 

"Oh hell no!" He replied, almost spitting out his drink. "I'll have the island thank you!" 

I gave a laugh. "Oh my God." I chuckled. "Your turn." I took a sip of my water. 

"If you had to choose between being stuck in a closet with me, or Billie Joe Armstrong, which one would you choose?" 

"Dammit." I muttered. "Wait, how small is the closet and how dark?" 

"Uh, two by three or something." He replied. "An there's no light besides your cellphone's screen and a small crack under the door." 

I thought for a minutes, glaring at him slightly. "You." I finally replied. 

"Whaaaat?" He asked in a high pitched voice. 

"You, because I don't know Billie, and sitting in a dark closet with someone you don't know is dangerous." I explained. 

"Interesting." He muttered, squinting at me. 

"But that doesn't mean I want to be locked in a closet with you." I added. 

He got up to throw his stuff away, but I remained seated to finish mine. I watched him be pelted with food and shit as he walked by Mason's table. 

"Hey Ally." Lucas said, sitting at the table. "What's up?" 

I took a deep breath. "Nothing... Lucas." I had irritation in my tone. 

"What's wrong?" He asked, slightly tilting his head. 

I hysterically laughed. "Do have some sort of a brain issue going on there?" 

"I don't know what you're talking about." He admitted.  

"Oh! My God." I shouted. "The dance right before summer break, y'know, the one you asked me too?! I came, expecting to find you there, because YOU ASKED ME! And you never even showed up!"0

Do have any idea what that would feel like?!" I continued, standing up, pushing my chair out, my hands resting on the table. "To think that someone likes you enough to ask you to a dance, to get all excited and happy, come, and then just wait! I waited Lucas, for you. I waited the whole freaking time, sitting all alone, off to the side, watching everybody else have fun."