Chapter 25

I walked through my front door, waving to Frank who went inside his house. I saw my mom in the kitchen on the phone. I then noticed that she was crying. 

"Mom?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. "What's wrong?" 

Tears streamed down her face as she sobbed. "Yes, thank you... Bye." She hung up with. 

"Mom, what's going on?" I asked once more. 

"That was your Doctor Ally." She replied. "The lab results for the blood sample he took came back. You have leukemia." 

I couldn't speak, a shock went over me as I stood there frozen. A tear rolled down my face. 

"Your treatment starts in a couple days." She muttered before giving me a hug. 

I still couldn't say anything. She broke the hug and walked out of the room. I walked up to my room and plopped down on my bed.  

I have leukemia? Blood cancer, and treatment starts next week. Even more tears poured out onto my cheeks and I put a hand over my mouth. 

"Frank." I croaked. 

What was I going to tell him? How was I going to tell him? What would he say, what would he do? 

****** 

I woke up and got out of bed. I had fallen asleep in my clothes, I stretched and recalled what my mom had told me last night; I have blood cancer. A tear rolled down my cheek, and threw on some skinny jeans and a Green Day tee and a tan hoodie, along with my bracelets and converse. 

I didn't really feel like eating, so I just grabbed my backpack and left for school. "Hey Ally." Frank said as he came out his door. 

I forced a smile. "Hi, Frank." I replied. 

"Wanna grab some ice cream after school?" He asked. 

"Uh, I-I guess, maybe." I answered with. 

"Maybe I could tell him then?" I thought to myself. "But what if he freaks out?"  

"You okay?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows slightly as he stuffed his hands in his pockets. 

"Yeah, I'm fine." I replied. 

We walked up the stairs to the  school's front doors, being pelted with paper and kissy faces as usual. Frank grabbed my hand and we kept walking, just ignoring them. We put our things in out lockers and headed to class. 

I could hardly concentrate on class, I was thinking about how to tell Frankie about the whole cancer thing. I rested my elbow on my desk and the side of my face in my hand. I thought out different ways of doing it, but I just could figure out the right way to tell him. 

**********  

"How about that ice cream?' Frank said as we walked along the sidewalk. 

"Uh, yeah." I replied. 

"Are you okay?" He asked. 

"I told you," I explained, "I'm fine." 

There weren't many people out, which was nice. Frank held the ice cream shop door open for me. Luckily it wasn't very full. We went up to the counter and ordered. 

"I'll have a strawberry." Frank said. 

"I'll have a vanilla." I added. 

The guy grabbed a scoop and a couple of cones. He scooped the Ice cream into each cone before handing them to us. "Here you go." He said with a smile.  

"Thanks." We collectively said. 

We sat down in a booth by the window, across the table from one another. He started eating his, while I kinda just sat there picking at the cone. What was I going to say to him? 

"So, uh, Frank," I said, "there's something that I want to tell you." 

"Yeah?" He asked, licking his ice cream. "What's that?" 

"Well, I don't really know how to say it right." I replied. "And I'm not sure how you're going to react." 

"Okay, so, what?" He asked. 

I took a deep breath and then exhaled. "I.. Have leukemia." 

His eye widdened and his mouth fell open. I tightly shut my eyes, a bit afriad of what he might do or say. 

"Ally I..." He stuttered. "You have... Cancer!?" He croaked. 

I nodded, curling my lips in with my hands folded on the table. 

"How do you know?" He asked. 

"My Doctor took a blood sample, and they found blood cancer." I said, my voice cracking. 

He leaned back in his seat and his gaze wondered around the room. I just didn't know what to say. 

"I'm sorry Frank." I said, my voice getting all high a cracking. "Sorry if this ruins everything. I start treatment in a couple of days, I won't be feeling very good a lot, and I won't be able to go around with you all the time. I'm probably going to be tired for awhile, and want to be in bed. Like I said, I won't be able to go around with you all the time." 

"Ally it's okay." He said, taking my hand. I looked up and met his gaze. "I'll sit my your efffing bedside through this shit. I love you and I'll be there for you always." 

I sat back in my seat and put my hands over my eyes. He came over and sat next to me, bringing me into his arms. "It's okay." He said. 

I wept into his shoulder. "Thank you." I said. 

Now that the ice cream had melted into the napkins we set them down on, we decided to go. "How about I come over later and we cane do something fun?" He offered. 

"I guess that sounds nice." I replied. 

He put his arm around me as we walked down the somewhat vacant road.  

_________________________ 

Thanks for reading and I'd love to hear what you think, and maybe hit that little vote button up there.. ...Well, not literally, that'd break your screen, but you know what I mean.

Anywho, thanks you for the venom... I mean thank you for reading!