Chapter 23

"Ally!" Frank came up the stairs after me saying. "Ally it's okay don't worry." 

I laid down in my bed with my pillow over my face. This can't be happening. Why did I even tell her?

I was crying but wasn't responding to him. He knocked on the door. "Hey, it's gonna be okay." He said in a tender voice. He opened the door and sat next to me. 

"Why did I tell her?" I asked. "I'm such an idiot." 

"No you're not." He assured me. "Don't ever say that again." 

"I shouldn'tve told her, I've ruined everything." 

He gently ran his hand down my hair. "No you didn't. We'll figure something out Ally."  

"And what if we don't?" I snapped, sitting up with my tears stained face. "What if she doesn't change her mind? What then?" 

"I-I don't know." He replied with a shaky voice. 

I wrapped my arms around him. I didn't know what to say or do at this point. Was my mom really going to do this to me? Was she really going to do this to Frank? 

"Come on." He said, taking me by the hand and standing up. "Let's go get some coffee or something." 

I wiped my face and nodded. "Okay."  

******  

We walked hand in hand down the cloudy sidewalk. 

~Frank's POV~ 

I looked over at her, her tear stain face was covered mostly by her hair as her gaze was fixed upon the ground in front of her. I tightly gripped her hand and shut my eyes. This was really hard for both of us. What if her mom never changed her mind? 

It was hard for me to think about. "Ally." I said, breaking the silence. "You know I love you, right?" 

She looked up a bit. "Yeah." She replied. "I know." 

"And I will no matter what your mom says." I said, kissing her on the forehead. "Don't worry, okay? We'll figure something out." 

We came up to the coffee shop, I held the door open for her. She went to find a seat and I went to order. "Hot chocolate and... A latte, I guess." I said. 

"It'll be ready in a minute." The girl behind the counter said. 

"Thanks." I replied. 

Within a few minutes it was ready. I handed her the money. "Thanks, have a nice day." She said with a smile. 

"You too." I said as I walked away. I sat down on the opposite side of the table as Ally. 

"Thank you." She said, excepting the drink. 

"You're welcome." I said, taking a sip of mine. 

She looked out the window, it was now raining. Rain drops ran down the window. I just stared at her, watching her put her finger on the window and follow the rain drops running down it. 

"What do you want for your birthday Frankie?" She asked. 

"Uh, I dunno." I replied, scratching the back of my neck. 

She took another sip of her drink while glaring at me. 

I gave a light laugh at this. "So how's your dad doing?" I asked. 

"He's better, still off of the stuff." She replied. "I'm proud of him, like I said." 

"Me too." I added. I gulped down the rest of my coffee. "We should get going yeah?"