Chapter 8

*Ring*  

"Wait!" Mrs. Ellen (our history teacher)  said, stopping the class before they got up and ran. "Don't forget that the day after tomorrow, we're having a school dance. Now you may go." 

Everyone dashed out the door. 

My eyes widened as I recalled that there was going to be a dance. I had totally forgotten! Frank got up, and as he walked by me, he furrowed his eyebrows. 

"Are you coming?" He asked, swinging his bag over his shoulder. 

"Uh, yeah." I replied, snapping out of it. 

We walked side-by-side to our lockers. He looked over at me with a smirk. I glanced over at him as he rested his arms above his head on the locker, stuffed a hand on his pocket, and crossed one ankle over the other. 

"What?" I asked, shutting my locker. 

"You forgot about the dance, didn't you?" He smirked. 

"Shut up... Yes." I admitted, dropping my head. 

"Don't worry, so did I." He added, standing up right. 

"So, are you going to ask anyone?" I asked as we made our way to the cafeteria. 

"I have no clue honestly." He opened the door and let me in saying.   

We sat at our table, and pulled out our lunches. We looked at each other's lunches, and back to our own, before agreeably nodding and switching. 

"How many puppies can I fit in my backpack do you think?" He asked, wiping his mouth with his sleeve. 

"I don't know, depends on the size." I replied. 

He rubbed his chin as his gaze lifted to the ceiling. 

"Puppy adoption day's coming up, isn't?" I smirked. 

He took a deep breath before firmly answering with, "yes." 

"I'm sure you'll get a puppy at sometime Frankie."  

I gave a light laugh, as did he. 

"Uh, hi. Is this seat taken?" 

I looked up to see a boy. He was a good five inches taller than me, his dark silky hair matched his eyes. He gave a slight smile while asking. 

"Uh, nope." I replied. "No one sitting there." 

"Thanks." He said, pulling out a chair two seats down from me. Understandable, he didn't want to be too close to me, that'd be kind of weird. "I'm Lucas." 

I recalled seeing him in class yesterday. The kid who liked drawing too? 

"I'm Ally, and this is Frank." I introduced us with. 

The table fell silent as we continued to eat. That is, until I opened my mouth. 

"So, what kind of music do you like?" I asked. 

"Um, things like Nirvana mostly." He replied. "Metallica, Queen, you know, that kind of thing." 

I bit my lip, trying to hold back a big grin. "That's cool. And I think yesterday, in class, you said you liked drawing?" 

"Yeah, I'm not very good at it though." He chuckled. I have to admit, it was a cute, but not high-pitched chuckle. "I try." 

"I love drawing." I explained. "It's just so fun. You can do anything with it, y'know? it's like pouring your imagination out onto a page, it's a way of expressing yourself."