Chapter 2

"So, we should totally do something today." Frank said, swallowing a piece of his sandwich, we were in the cafeteria having lunch, and we were, as usual, the only ones at that table, everyone else was "too cool" to sit with us, not that we care. "I mean, since your dad said we couldn't yesterday and all. I mean, It's Friday! That means...." He gave a bright open mouth smile and was waiting for me to finish his sentence. 

"What?" I asked, wiping my mouth. "You get to stay up past seven thirty?" I chuckled. 

"No, wha- no!" He protested. "It means, we don't have to go to school tomorrow." 

I gave him a high-five. "Yay!" I said. "What do you have in mind?" 

"We could go to Amelia Pond if you want." He suggested. 

"Sure, that sounds good." I replied, getting up to put my tray away. Frank stayed there and stuffed food into his face. 

It was noisy as I walked passed everyone. Everyone was talking at once and throwing food, I feel bad for the janitor. I was just waiting for someone to do something to me, trip me, throw food at me, something. And sure enough, some some a-hole stuck his leg out and tripped me. It was Mason. 

I fell on the hard floor as some kids laughed. I held my hand which I had caught myself with, it really hurt. Hearing the up roar of laughter, Frankie got up and ran towards me. Mason came up to me and tried to pull me off my feet, most likely to do some prank related thing. As soon as Frank got there, which was about when Mason got to me, even though Mason was right there anyway, he pushed Mason out of the way and grabbed me himself. 

"Are you okay Ally?" He asked as we both stood up again. 

"Yeah, I'm fine." I replied. 

"Aw, her wittle friend came to save her." Mason mockingly said, making the other guys laugh even more. I don't see how that was funny though. 

"Yeah, you're so funny, Mason." Frank jokingly said with a smile. "You should get a trophy for that! And you can put it next to the one you got for the biggest asshole in the school." 

People were off to the side giggling as we walked back to our table, I knew that at some point today Mason would do something about what he said to him. We exited the cafeteria. 

"You shouldn't have said that Frank." I said as we sat on a bench by our lockers. 

"Oh well." He brushed it off with. "Lemme see." He gestured to my hands as I held it. 

He held my hand in his, examining the big bruise that was left after I fell. He kiss it and I felt the cold metal of his lip ring lightly touch it. 

The corners of my lips turned up. "So, Amelia Pond after school?" I asked. 

"Yup." 

****** 

After my last class for the day was over, I went to put my books away, the halls were pretty much empty now, though, everyone rushed out because it's Friday. My every footstep echoed through the off white halls. After placing my books in my locker, I saw Frankie running to put his away as well. He slammed him locker shut as he rushed.   

"Come on!" He said with excitment, pulling me by the hand, not the one that hurt, though. 

A smile appeared on my face as well. 

We walked down the sidewalks, the sun was out and it was warm with a cool breeze blowing. We were side-by-side, swinging our hands back and forth as we held hands, which was actually pretty normal. 

"Okay, so this morning I was in bed," Frank explained, "and I heard this rustling in my room, I ignored it, and then a few minutes later, I heard scratching on my door. Again, I ignored it, and then some furry, warm, evil creature sat on my face. It was my cat, she was mad at me for not letting her out, so she peed on my rug too." He laughed.