Chapter 15

Frank wanted to talk to my mom soon, which I was a bit nervous about. My dad had a problem that needed to dealt with, whether he liked it or not, so he thought talking to my mom would be a "first step" sort it thing.

I laid my head on his stomach as we lay under a tree by the pond. I looked down at my hand, examining my burn. I felt horrible, and worthless, but I wouldn't do anything worst than what I actually did. All I did was grab a small lighter.

I knew Frank was watching at me as I looked at it because he soon grabbed my hand before looking back up at the blue sky that was mostly hid by clouds.

~Flash back~

"Why are you crying Frankie?" I asked, coming over to him. He sat on a bench.

We were around the age of six. He rubbed his eyes, and after he moved his hands, I saw why he was crying. There was a big black and blue mark around his eye.

"Frankie, what happened?" I asked, my voice was a higher pitch.

"One of the other boys wanted me to get off the slide." He explained. "But I didn't want to so they came up there and pushed me off, ingot angry because it hurt my hands and it my my turn to play on it, so I pushed him and then he did this to me." His little voice was cracking as his bottom lip wobbled.

"I'm sorry Frankie." I said. I held his hand as our feet dangled from the bench, our feet couldn't touch the damp grass becuase of how small we were. After thinking for a minute, I decided that I wasn't going to let those "meanys" bully my Frankie. 

I stood up and walked over to where they all were playing; The slide. I climbed up the structer and stood there as they played. 

"Exuse me?" I asked in a soft voice. "You wanted to slide down the slide and all, right?" 

"Yeah, so we're are." One of them replied. 

"Okay then, have fun!" I said as I shoved them down. 

I climbed down but when I got down there I was pushed over. 

"It's not funny." One of them hissed. I heard a voice called 'Adam' and he ran off. 

My bottom lips wobbled as I sat on the ground, the grey sky above me started to rain a bit. I felt someone's hand grab onto me, I looked up to see Frankie helping me. He looked at my 'owie" and kissed it. 

"I don't like those guys." I whined. 

"Me neither, maybe someone'll spank them." Frank replied. "I hope so. I hope they don't get any lolly pops after school."  

"But if they tell the teacher what I did, then I won't either." I pointed out, wiping my nose. 

"It's okay." He assured me. "I'll give you mine." His soft, thin, tiny lips gently met my cheek. 

~End flash back~ 

I couldn't help but smile a little. 

"We should get going, yeah?" He asked, as he sat up. 

"Yeah." I replied, dusting myself off. 

"Okay, so I'm going to talk to your mom like I said." He reminded me as we walked down the trial. 

I sighed. "I know." I muttered. 

********** 

As we came up to my house, I saw that my dad's car wasn't there. He gave my hand a reassuring sqeaze as he knocked. 

"Hi, come on in." My mom greeted us with. 

She didn't seem to be in a bad mood, so that was good. "Hello, thanks." He replied. "Uh, Mrs Shores?"