Chapter 46 ~ Epilogue

Do not read this unless you have read Carry On This Way. Listen to the song while you read! I listened to it so many times while writing this! 

~Frank's POV~    

"Frank." Mrs. Shores said through the phone. I could tell she was crying. 

"Mrs. Shores?" I asked with concern. "What's wrong?" 

"It's Ally." A shiver went down my spine. "She's in the hospital. Frank, she's dying." 

I dropped the phone to the floor, it bounced up on it's wire. "No." I said, quietly. I picked the phone back up, hearing Mrs. Shores asking if I was there. "I'll be right there." 

I rushed out the door, not even shutting it behind me, my parents were home, one of them would shut it. I jumped down the steps instead of walking down  them and ran to my car, fumbling with the keys, trying to get it unlocked, my hands were shaking so it was hard. Once I got it open, I quickly got in, revved up the engine and drove off. 

I drove about ten to fifteen miles over the speed limit. I didn't care. Ally was in the hospital, dying. 

"Gerard." I said to myself. I needed to call him as soon as I get to the hospital. He needs to get down there, too. He needs to there for her.  

A couple years after Ally broke up with me, she met my friend, Gerard. The two of them got along really well, and spent a lot of time together. Then they started dating, I was happy for him and for her. Gerard is a good guy, even if I had to punch him in the face for her. I can't say that I wasn't at all jealous. I was. I still love her. I wanted her to be mine again. But I knew that would never happened. 

I parked my car on the roof and rushed inside, running over to the receptionist. Once I got the room number, I rand to the elevator, pressing the button about a hundred time. Once it opened, I did the same thing with the floor number button. It didn't seem like it was going fast enough. My heart was racing and I just wanted to get to her. 

The doors slid open and I ran out. I stumbled down the hallways, not caring if I bumped into someone. The floor felt like it was moving against me, like no matter how fast I ran it wasn't fast enough. Tears rolled down my cheeks. 

Her laugh played in my head as I ran, bringing more tears to my eyes. I'd probably never hear her laugh again. Why can't she be okay? Why can't we just leave, move on, with her not having cancer? Why can't we just go back to the pond and laugh and smile? Why does she have to be in the hospital dying? Why? 

I finally got to her room, quickly opening the door. Once I got in there, catching my breath, I froze. Ally lay in a hospital bed, almost as pale as the sheets, hooked up to machines. I saw her chest rise and sink and the heart monitor was beeping, she was alive. I put my arm over my mouth, tears rolling down my cheeks. Her mom and dad stood there, looking at me with sympathy, their faces were tear stained. 

"We'll give you two a couple of minutes, okay?" Mrs. Shores said. And with that, they left the room. 

I cover my mouth with my arm, tears rolling down my cheeks. She looked over at me and the corner of her pale lips turned up, they were hardly any lighter than her skin. 

"Frankie." She said, quietly. 

I went over to her and held her small, pale hand, slowly kneeling down beside her. "Ally." I quietly said, my voice cracking. "No..... No." My voice cracked even more. "No. I don't want to loose you." 

"Frankie, it's okay." She replied, bringing her hand up, stroking my cheek, she looked so weak. 

"I still love you." I told her.