Liking the Baby

Billie's POV

"Alright Adie I think I know how to take care of a baby." Adie was just about to leave and I have Joey in my arms.

"I know I'm sorry Billie."

"No it's alright I understand. Don't be sorry." She smiles and kisses Joey and says bye. Then she kisses me on the cheek.

"Thank you so much I'll see you in a week." I smile at the thought and wave bye. I shut the door and walk to the living room to lay Joey down so I can play with him. Tre walks in and looks at Joey. He slowly walks over and I watch every move he makes.

"C-can I hold him?" I smile at Tre's question. I carefully give Joey to Tre. He smiles and looks at me. I smile a bit and tell Tre I'll be back. I jog up to our room and take the small baggy out of one of my shorts. I look at it and remember what happened the last time I took it. I take a deep breath in and say 'fuck it' I take the pill like thing from the bag and pop it in my mouth and swallow hard. I really don't know what type of pills they are but the do make me sleepy and they help me get through tough times. I walk back down stair and see Tre playing peek-a-boo with Joey. I laugh and roll my eyes typical Tre. I sit down and Tre turns and looks at me.
"Well now what?" He asks me. I shrug my shoulders and focus on the ground.
"What should we do?" I ask him. He shrugs his shoulders and focuses on me.
"Billie you alright?" I look at him confused and nod my head.
"Yeah why wouldn't I be?"
"I don't know you just seem different. You're pretty quiet." After he says that someone barges in and starts yelling. I get up and see Mike.
"Where's Joey?" I smile at him.
"He's in here but be gentle you already startled him from your screaming."
"Oops!" He says laughing. He walks in and carefully picks him up.
"So Adie finally trusted you to take care of him?"
"What do you mean? It wasn't trust I mean it's my baby too I should be able to take care of him too." I say all at once.
"Wow relax Bills it was just a joke." I soften up and look down as I put my hands in my pockets.
"Hey you alright dude?" I throw my head back and put my face to my hands.
"Oh my god why is everybody fucking asking me that?! IM FINE!"
But I wasn't...