Chapter 46: Battle of Brooklyn Bridge

- J P -

This is after Chapter 28: Defined.

     "Yeah." Ronnie says, pulling out his AR-15. "Tell me some other time."

     Nick pulls his knives, and I pull my pistol. The horde was too strong for the Brooklyn Front, and the way I figure, It'd only get worse. The sickos didn't want to be burnt alive either. It would be nice if that was untrue, but they were creatures just like us.

     The wind begins to pick up, and a hole in the Front opens up. Sickos pour in, and start to get the front from behind. I see Orion call for a retreat, and the front starts backing up.

     "Z's!" Ronnie exclaims. "2 O'Clock!"

     "The hell is a 'Z'"? I ask, shooting one and nearly falling over. I was weak and on autopilot, but I still had to help.

     "What do you call them?" Ronnie retorts, sliding a blade across the head of a sicko.

     "Sickos!" Nick answers, throwing a knife into the head of one.

     "Dumb name." Ronnie states, firing a round into a sicko heading for me. "JP, watch out!"

     His pistol fires a shot right by my head, landing in an approaching sicko. I nod in thanks, until he starts shouting incoherent gibberish. I'm knocked instantly to the ground, screaming in pain. A sicko was on top of me.

     The fall had knocked my already destroyed shoulder even more, and the bleeding became even worse. My good arm was holding back the sicko from biting my face off, and consequently I couldn't fire my gun. It bears more weight down, and I scream for help.

     A shot comes from far away, spraying the sickos torso into pieces and off of me. My face gets stained with blood, butI look for the shooter anyway. It was a shorter kid with a sniper rifle. He looks at me in fear, and I know exactly why. My shoulder was now spewing blood, and my vision was going dazey again.

     A band of sickos run at me, and I manage to shoot one before the second one bites into my leg. I scream in pain, until one takes a chunk out of my neck. I my screams are muffled by blood in my throat and mouth, and I cough up blood as another comes for a bite to eat.

- R O N N I E -

     "Come on, meatbags!" I yell, swiftly decapitating a Z as Nick creates a zipper in a Z's throat. It was harder killing these than one would imagine, since they seemed to be blissfully aware that they would die. It wasn't like a typical zombie movie. They showed fear and emotion. They were just us, but infected.

     And, gratefully, too stupid to use weapons.

     "Wait.." Nick says, looking around before throwing a knife into the chest of an approaching Z. "Where's JP?"

     I look around, shooting the same Z Nick had impaled so he could retrieve his arrow. He does, and I look around. "He's probably by the front, don't sweat it." I reassure, because I didn't see him either. Worries flash into my mind, remembering that he wasn't looking so swell when he showed up.

    I push it back, though. There were bigger problems to deal with, like the Z that runs up on me. I stab my sword into its eye, and it falls to the ground. I see one run towards Nick, but I manage to pop it with my Glock. Nick wasn't even phased, and was staring at something.