69. DaiSuga: Soulmate AU/Concert Thing

(A/N: This is requested by Karma_Anokani . It was super fun to write and I hope you enjoy the other ships mixed in.)

Every person is born with a clock on their wrist the is slowly counting down to the minute they meet, see, or make any kind of contact with their soulmate. Some people love it, and others absolutely hate it. Sawamura Daichi, is one of the people that hates it. As a child his was always the longest time away compared to the other children. When he was a teenager lost complete hope in meeting his soul mate and just stopped looking at it.

He was playing volleyball and all of his friends around him had found their soulmates, some becoming a couple super fast, others focusing on being friends first. There was Asahi and Noya who had known they were each other's soulmates for years, Tsukishima and Yamaguchi also took their time being friends since the time they were kids. Hinata and Kageyama were the complete opposite they jumped straight into a relationship having ups and downs, but all in all they were happy.

There was only one other person he knew that hadn't met their soul mate and that was Chikara Ennoshita, whom he met in college. He had moved from America and was certain his soulmate lived in Japan, because his timer doesn't have much time left.

Daichi decided to not focus on his soulmate or anyone else's and just focus on getting through college to be a teacher. Except, that was hard with Asahi on his back about going to Noya's concert. Which he is dealing with currently.

"Will you please go with me? It would make Noya super happy to see you at one of his concerts." Asahi says, staring at Daichi after class one day.

"You know that's not my thing. I love Noya and he's like my son, but I'd rather stay home and study to pass my classes to graduate college." Daichi replies walking out of their class.

"Come on! I go to all of them and I'm still passing, what's one concert going to hurt? You never know you might even find someone there." Asahi says with a wink.

"Noya's changed you from your shy self." He said laughing patting his friend's shoulder.

"Daichi, will you at least think about it? Their next show is on his birthday and I'd really like to surprise him with you being there." Asahi says, walking towards a nearby Wendy's so they could grab lunch.

"Fine. I'll think about it, but if I have a big test the next week, it's a no go." Daichi says walking in and going into the line standing behind Asahi.

"Thank you for at least considering!" He says with a small smile on his face.

--------------------

For the next week, Asahi was always asking Daichi if he had decided, and every time he told him no. Daichi was thinking about it constantly, wanting to see Noya because he hadn't seen him since his birthday the year before. On the other hand, he didn't really want to go to the concert because of all the people and how loud it would be.

It occupied his thoughts until it was almost all he could think about when he wasn't doing his school work. He would go to work after class and think about it them and when he tried to go to sleep. It was always there never going away, until finally a week later he would surprise them both by going.

It was Friday, and he was leaving his last class when Asahi came up and asked one final time, "Daichi are you sure you can't come? Everyone from our high school volleyball team is going to be there and even some from the other teams."

This was news to Daichi he thought it would just be him, Asahi, and Kageyama, because Hinata is also in the band. He guessed this was bigger than it was originally supposed to be but he said, "No, I have to head back home and see my sister tonight. Tell Noya I said happy birthday though. I also texted him." Daichi says, feeling bad for lying.