38. KyouHaba

Rain dripped from the ceiling and thunder rumbled. The dark skies gave the library a nice calm lighting. Yahaba tapped his pencil against his textbook and looked at the boy who had been staring at him. Shigeru smirked because the other male turned red. The boy was gruff looking, well built, had a blonde and black shaved head, definitely wore eyeliner, and never smiled. Just my type Yahaba chuckled. The big grey sweater Shigeru was wearing still had some rain on it from outside. Which made him shiver because the library was already freezing. I should have brought a jacket...He looked up at the boy again and caught him staring, once more. Do I really look that good today? Or is he just bold?  

Yahaba had noticed the boy before, they came to the library around the same times. The gruff guy seemed to move closer and closer to Yahaba's usually table everyday. Now, he was probably two meters away. Shigeru smiled at the guy, making him blush again. Agh I need to stop being a flirt and study. F*ck. Yahaba sighed and went back to his text book.

A few minutes later, he felt something soft wrap around his shoulders. Yahaba looked up to see a black jacket on his shoulders and the boy trudging back to his seat. "Uh-"

"You were shivering." The guy blushed and looked at his own textbook.

Yahaba blushed and stood up abruptly. He grabbed his things and sat down at the cute boy's table. "Thanks!" Yahaba got comfortable and stared at the other male.

"You're welc...ome..." The guy blushed deeper and 'tch' ed.

"So, what's your name, library dude?"

"Why should I tell you?" The boy grumbled.

Yahaba narrowed his eyes, "I'm taking interest in you. I mean, you should be thankful I didn't feel creeped out after you stared at me all the time."

The gruff male looked like he was going to explode. "Kyoutani Kentarou," he mumbled.

"Nice to meet you," Yahaba smiled and shook his hand, "I'm Yahaba Shigeru. Is this your second year of college, or?"

Kyoutani nodded and wrote something on his paper.

"Hmm, okay." Yahaba was going to ask another question, but Kyoutani seemed really focused. Shigeru smiled and went back to studying.

After an hour or so of intense studying (not really, Yahaba kept catching Kyoutani's stares again), Kentarou stood up and gather his things.

"Do you have to leave?" Yahaba stood up as well. Kyoutani nodded. "Okay, I'll leave too." Shigeru gathered his things as well. Kentarou hesitated before walking away, Yahaba right behind.

When they got outside, the rain poured down heavily. Yahaba cursed and tried to cover his head. Kyoutani didn't even flinch as he walked down the sidewalk. Yahaba had to rush after him.

"Don't follow me." Kyoutani growled back at the silvery-brown haired boy.

"What?! I'm not! I live this way you idiot. Don't think so highly of yourself." Yahaba stuck his tongue out playfully. Kentarou shook his head and kept trudging.

Soon, they came upon an apartment building that Kyoutani turned to. He stopped at the stairs and looked at the unceasing rain around him. "Hey, uh...do you wanna come in? I don't think this rain is going to stop." He didn't make eye contact with the slightly taller boy.

"Sure, if you don't mind. I hate being drenched." Yahaba skipped up the stairs after his new friend. "And please don't murder me." Yahaba thought he might have heard Kyoutani chuckle, but it also could have been the rain.

"Welcome." Kyoutani opened the apartment door and lead Shigeru inside. It was dark, the only light came through the windows, until Kentarou turned on a few lamps. The home had a bedroom, bath, kitchen and living room area. Everything was surprisingly tidy. Yahaba took his shoes off and a puddle of water leaked out.