56. DaiSuga

Sugawara Koushi hummed to the music in his headphones as he carried his hamper down to the laundry room in his apartment building. No one else was down there, so the washer was free for him to use. He did a little dance as he placed the yen coins inside and started shoveling his clothes  in. He moved the dial to the right wash and poured the fabric soap and softener in. Suga pressed start and the washer began its course. He leaned on it and listened to his music.

After a few minutes, the washer seemed to get a little angry and it started aggressively spinning, causing the machine to shake and bounce. One of Suga's headphones popped out and he thought he heard a quiet gasp. Koushi pulled out the other earbud and looked around the room. He paused and leaned around the washing machine, spotting a little boy hugging his knees on the ground next to it. He had dark green hair and freckles that covered his body. The poor thing looked terrified.

Sugawara crouched down and put a hand gently on the boy's head, "Honey, are you okay?"

The child looked up at the friendly man and shook his head, "Why is the machine mad?" He whispered.

Suga chuckled and ruffled his hair, "It's not mad, it's just working really hard. Now, why are you sitting here? Where are your parents, sweetie?"

The little boy looked away.

Koushi sensed something was wrong. "Do they live here?" The boy nodded. "Are you hiding from them?" He nodded again. "Why, dear?"

The little boy reached his hand out and held Suga's sweatshirt sleeve. "They're fighting and it was too loud..."

Koushi was about to cry for this poor child he just met. "Aw, okay Baby. You can just stay with me for a little while, okay?" He gave the boy a hug. "I'm Suga what's your name Hun?"

"Yamaguchi Tadashi." The boy's voice was quiet. "Suga-san, do you live here?"

"Yep, 432." He sat down next to Tada.

Yamaguchi's eyes lit up, "I live in 434! We're neighbors!"

"Wow! I didn't even know! Did you just move in recently?" Koushi played with his hair.

"Mhmm! Yester-two days ago!" Tadashi grinned up at the older male.

"Oh I see, I was gone the last two days at my boyfriend's place." Suga started making little braids.

"Cool! Is he nice?" Yama leaned against Koushi and held his knee.

"He's suuuuper nice. I'll have him meet you next time he's here! I'm sure he'd like you~" Suga tickled the boy's shoulders and he giggled. "How old are you Tadashi-kun?"

"Four this year!" He held up three fingers.

Suga laughed and showed him four fingers, "Four?"

"Yeah!"

Soon, Koushi's laundry ended and he needed to go back to his apartment. He sat and talked with the little boy for about an hour. Tadashi followed obediently as Suga made his way back up to their apartments.

"Thanks for keeping me company, Tadashi-kun~Do you think your parents are done now?" Suga bent down next to the boy in front of his door.

"Probably...thanks for being with me..." The little boy smiled weakly and tugged on the handle. It opened and the little boy shuffled inside with a wave. The apartment was dark, Suga couldn't see anyone else in there.

"See you later, dear~" Koushi smiled and waved back. Suga waited for the little boy to shut the door before turned to his own apartment. I hope everything's alright...well I'll be able to hear if anything gets intense. That boy is so sweet-I'll just have to spoil him in place of his parents. I'll go call Daichi right now and tell him!