67. BokuAka: Case Closed

(A/N: Parts might be a little bit graphic because this includes murder.)

Bokuto Kotaro had been a cop for five years now and he had thought he had seen it all. That was until one day he was arriving home to his little apartment, after a twenty-four hour shift working a robbery, when he saw a scene that he will never forget. He had dealt with murders but never close to home. His neighbors door was open and he say that sickening red color on the door frame. Carefully he pushed in the door and that's when he say it, his neighbor and best friend Aaren was laying in his living room floor red surrounding him. Bokuto knew that he was no longer alive. His chest neither rising or falling. He dialed 911 calling to get crews to the scene and notified his captain, Ushijima, what had happened.

As he walked further into the room he saw writing on the wall that made him feel sick. He quietly read it out loud, feeling his heart drop with every word. "I have waited to do this, you do not know who I am, but I will be back." He just stared at every letter in the red writing. Never had he ever felt so sick staring at evidence in a case. He kept looking at it until he heard the sirens stop and heard people yelling up the stairs.

The cops arrived and his captain walked in after them. He stared at the scene then quickly walked over to Bokuto and said, "I know this is a hard thing to witness, but we have a job that needs to be done. I will call around to see who can help us, but it seems like someone is angry. Bokuto be strong and do this for you friend." He pat him on the back and handed him a pair of gloves so that they can go and investigate.

"Captain, there is blood on the door, but the killer was wearing gloves." Bokuto said. It was one of the first things he noticed when he had walked in.

"We will get this figured out I promise." Ushijima said as he started to take pictures of the scene. Bokuto wandered around, looking to see if anything was taken or out of place. He noticed that Aaren's pictures with his family and his friends were all changed, his face scratched out on every single one of them. Bokuto quickly took a picture and walked into the bedroom.

In there, almost everything was in its place except for a ring box that he always had sitting on his book shelf. His parents had given it to him when he graduated high school and he wore it every day. He always told Bokuto how he would never get rid of the box because there was a note written inside from his parents. The box was thrown on the floor and open the note still in it.

He walks back out into the living room after looking at all the other rooms, seeing nothing moved or out of its place. He walks over to Aaren's body and looks at it, seeing every cut made on his torso and the defense marks on his hands. He also sees the ring still placed on his finger, the engraving now visible being filled with red. It had read, 'wherever life plants you, bloom with grace'.

He stares at the ring untouched and doesn't notice Ushijima walk over until he says, "Hey Bokuto are you doing okay? You're just staring at his hand."

"Sir, his parent gave him that ring when he graduated high school and he's worn it everyday. He has a specific place for the box in his bedroom but the box was taken and thrown on the floor open. The killer was looking for something, I just don't know what." Bokuto says staring at the ring, still thinking hard about it.

"We will get this figured out. I have Lev calling around to the neighboring cities' stations to see if there have been more cases like this. If there have, we can get the FBI involved and they can help us. I promise you we will figure out who killed you friend." He said resting his hand on Bokuto's shoulder, before continuing looking around the apartment, then sending Bokuto down to look at the security tapes.