Twenty - Nine

Author's Note: Short update- sorry it's another filler. I apologize, but I think I'm getting sick. I'll update againt tomorrow. For now. Enjoy. Also the person to play Aryiana- Mila Kunis

"Marley, you have to come see this shit!" I hear Sage calling from downstairs. 

Aryiana, Sage and I had all taken the rest of the school week off and I had been sleeping my anxiety and guilt away. I had no left my room since the day I got suspended and when I was awake; I was in a daze. 

I rubbed the crust out of my eyes and slid off the bed....my stomach was churning. I needed to eat. I needed energy.

I dragged my feet across the floor and walked down the stairs, my head throbbing and my lips swollen. It was if I had gotten sick. I pulled my hair out of my face, even though it needed to be brushed, I simply didn't care.

I probably smelt like a litter box, since I had not showered in days.

"What?" I ask as I finally reach the living room and Aryiana has her mouth dropped. I gaze up at the television and the news hit me like a ton of bricks.

"Ms. Evelyn is dead?" The words don't even sound like they're coming from me. "Found her right behind her front door. Sounds like the person who killed her was too much in shock to move it." Aryiana whispers, rocking back and forth.

She had been dazed as well; especially since the rumors began. "Amatuer. I've watched all the moves; this was probably someone's first kill." Sage says waving it off and my heart drops.

My mother....

"Damn...this is bad." I whisper. "Can't say I feel terribly sorry. I barely knew her- at least she won't mess with you anymore." Sage adds and plops back down on the couch, she hesitantly reaches for a bag of chips but eventually gives in.

"It's not her I'm worried about..." My voice trails off and they both look at me. "Where's my mother?" I ask with a sigh and Aryiana shrugs. 

"I'm the only one who's been up, I saw her leave around 8 in the morning but she didn't say where. She just left a bunch of money on the counter for us." Sage says and I suddenly get light headed.

Fuck.

But it was to a point where I didn't even want to tell them what was going on, but I wanted to keep them safe at the same time....

"Why don't we go see Vi today? She deserves to see what has been going on!" Sage says.

"She's in a hospital, not a a jail. She probably knows too." Aryiana mumbles. "They have TV's even in jail too, duh. But come on, let's go!" Sage says, tossing the bag of chips on the table. 

"Let me brush my teeth first." I say shakily. "Yeah and let me take a shit." Aryiana groans, stretching and Sage turns her face up.

"Ew, too much information."

"Oh please Ms. Farts- A- Lot." Aryiana teases, flipping Sage off. I try to force myself to smile but now I only have one thing on my mind.

Would my mom go as far as to kill Ms. Evelyn? Where was she? And where the fuck was my dad?

Walking into the hospital, I still felt like I was sleeping. I felt like I was going to vomit, just thinking of my mom as a killer. What was she going to do? Leave us as well? Could she?

We knocked on Violet's door and walked in, but the beds were empty. "They must've moved her." Aryiana states and we walk back out. "Nurse!" Sage calls out and one of them turns to look at us. "Um a girl was in this room. I don't know if you know her for sure-" The nurse stops Sage dead in her sentence.

"I'm sorry love...that patient passed last night. Chemo didn't."

"OH MY GOD!" Sage screams and drops to the floor, she wails and Aryiana backs into the wall behind her and sinks to the floor, covering her face and shuddering. "Why didn't you call us? Why didn't you tell us she wasn't going to get better? Why didn't you tell us to say goodbye!" I shout. Anger. Sadness. Agony.

I can't even name the feelings that went through me. It was misery.

The ache in my chest deepened.

Violet....Violet Opal....the other half of us. The string that kept us all tied together. Her snarky comments. Her smile. 

The way she would snort when she would laugh too hard. It was like I was sinking. I couldn't even talk. I wanted to find the words, but I couldn't.

I was crying for my mom. I was crying for Violet's family. I was curisng the Heavens for taking Violet so soon-too soon. Why can they have her but we can't?

Why did they take Violet away from us? 

I then collapsed as well, banging my fist against the ground, punching harder and harder, wailing and then gripping my hair. I felt hands on my shoulders, soothing me and I noticed it was a nurse. But I didn't want to be touched. I didn't want to be counseled. I didn't want anyone to tell us it was going to be okay, because that wasn't going to fill the gap. It wasn't going to tie us together and keep us sane.

It wasn't going to bring Violet back. 

I didn't ever want to have to say the words. I didn't want to ever have to think the thoughts or feel the loss.

Violet's dead. Violet Opal.....is really dead.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Brb crying. Anyways. This is the last update for today. Be back tomorrow. I told you guys, don't kill off someone obvious and you guys didn't pick people that were obvious, so I picked someone obvious anyways.

I feel like such a terrible person but things like this happen. I can't wait to explain the moral of the story to you all!

But I'm sorry if this all seems rushed. I'm just trying to hurry up and write this out so I can leave.

Love always and forever,

flower (hate me yet)