Twenty- Six

So I was up for suspension- which was no surprise but considering the circumstances, it was a bloody good reason. If this were 6 months ago, I would've been devastated; my only concern being my permanant record.

They were pulling up my file since my school was so old fashioned that they barely relied on technology. I watched as the searched through file cabinets, searching for my parents information and i looked down at my right hand. Observing my knuckles which were bruised from socking Zachary in the face. I should've kneed him in the balls but I was so focused on ruining his face, I didn't have time to think about that.

"Just look in the computer." The secretary finally said to one of the head administrators. "I've removed most of the seniors from the computer system."

"Now why would you do that?" The secretary scolded, finally they both stood to their feet and moved back into a room with a computer. I sank in my seat for a moment and then quickly realized; Zachary's information was probably in here as well.

I stood up and quickly ran to the cabinet, my heart racing as my fingers dragged across the folders.

My eyes flickered across each name and I anxiously searched through them all. Finally my hands clasped Zachary's and I opened it.

Most of his folder was empty which was odd...he should have all of his background here. His record. The only thing I did find was a small piece of paper which looked like it had been ripped out of a journal. I grabbed it and then put in my pocket, closed the cabinet and scurried back to my seat.

Zachary was planning something and this wasn't sudden, something told me in the back of my head. he had all of this planned for a long long time. But all for what? What was his goal?

His motive?

He spoke to me the obvious, he spoke to me in riddles. he even stated he was hiding something but it wasn't going to be easy. It never was that easy, there was always a catch or a price to pay.

And I was determined to figure it out.

After a half a hour of waiting, I watched as the secretary returned with my parents, but to my surprise. They didn't look infuriated. "Baby are you okay?" My mother asks, her eyes filled with worry. "I heard what you did and I saw his face too. You have a killer right hook Marley." My dad praised, brushing my hair back with his hand and I smiled.

"Mr. and Mrs. Winter please have a seat." The secretary said allowing them to sit on either side of me, my mother holding my hand and my father rubbing my back.

"Marley has been given a 2-3 day suspension-" My dad interrupted her.

"Two to three day? Well which one is it? Why is that boy not getting into any trouble?" My dad asks, he's clearly already agitated.

"Mr. Winter please. The boy Zachary claimed he didn't lay a hand on Marley and Marley can attest to that. Marley attacked him first." The secretary explains and my mother glances at me.

"He raped Aryiana, of course I was going to beat his face in. Then he had the nerve to lie about it and spread rumors. By suspending me, you're allowing for this bullshit to continue!" I shout.

"Marley- language." My mother warned. "She's speaking her mind. And besides, why would Marley claim such a thing? Rape. That boy deserved what he got." My dad says.

I could see the sympathy in her eyes and I could tell she agreed whole heartitly but her job refrained her from saying anything. "We are obliged to investigate all accusations and since we technically have no proof- we can't act."

"Proof?" I paused and laughed. "You need proof that a man raped a woman. Go look at Aryiana's arm. She has anxiety attacks walking down the hallway. She can barely look at the bastard for God's sake. What more proof do you need? I know you heard the rumors but no one has heard the story and everyone in this school including teachers can't bare to discover that they're perfect little school has psychos in it. If you guys won't act immediately on it then I will. Just bring his face here so I can throw it into a glass window." I growl.