Fifteen: Homecoming Horror Part 1

Homecoming Horror Part 1

"Do you really have to wear a dress for homecoming?" My dad asks as I strutted into my parents room with my outfit on.

Sage had agreed to finally come to Homecoming along with Violet and Aryiana so I had some excitement leading me to the dance.
Plus Ian was chaperoning and made sure that I knew that he was going to be watching me.
"Dad what else am I going to wear?" I groan and he turns his laptop around to show a nun outfit he had bid on on eBay.

"I'd rather take the quilt." I say, rolling my eyes and my mom walks in from the bathroom.

"Greg stop it. She looks beautiful. Very classy and sexy at the same time." My mom compliments and hands me some of her earrings.
"Why would you want our daughter to look sexy?" My dad asks and my mom turns her nose up.

"Living in a male dominated world, where sexy can only be classified what a male calls sexy is unfair. She's a senior in high school, there's nothing wrong with showing off a bit. As long as it's not trashy. There's nothing wrong with being sexy, in fact I think woman should embrace it more." My mom explains and I raise an eyebrow.

"Well damn mom." I say with a short smile and put on my accessories.

"I just don't want men perverting on my daughter." My dad mumbles.

"Men are going to pervert whether she's wearing your mothers knitted quilt or Coochie cutter shorts. Let her have some fun."
And this is why I loved my mother.

"Just please be careful, I don't want anything happening to you." My dad says and I smile.

If only he knew that I was fooling around with my teacher- that would put him back in the hospital.

"I will." I promise and lean over to kiss his forehead and hug my mother.

"I'll call you guys when I'm on my way back." I assure and make my way down the stairs.

Aryiana is already outside waiting in her car and greets me with a smile.
"Hey gorgeous." I say and lean over and hug her. "Hey pretty lady." She chimes back and I glance at her outfit.

She's wearing a pink skirt with a black crop top and black heels.
"You seem to be feeling a lot better." I point out and she turns to me. "Oh come on Marley, I seem to be hiding a lot better at it is all." She says slyly, wiggling her eyebrows at me and I stare at her briefly.

That was a twisted way of seeing it.

But sadly all quite true.
"Sage's mom is dropping her off and Vi is already there. So it's just us heading off." I can hear the disappointment in her voice.

We had all talked about senior homecoming since freshman year. All walking off together in show stopping outfits and now it was just us two.
Except she wasn't here- emotionally. She was disconnected.

For the rest of the drive we were silent, which was oddly enough to pull up the car right next to Zachary's.

"I'm going to go get Sage." Aryiana tells me and gets out of the car.

I close my eyes and inhale, my goal wasn't to have a good time or even to mess around with my teacher. It was for all of my friends to be together in harmony...like we used to be.

I slowly get out of the car and I see Zachary is wearing a button up and some black pants. "Looking good." I bring myself to say and his eyes widen as his eyes trail down my body.

"You look amazing." He whispers and I pull down my black dress, fearing it was too short.
"Thanks. Shall we?" I offer towards the door and he holds his arm out and I loop mine.