Twenty-Two

So yes I was glad to see that Sage was working on herself and striving to get better. Helping her helped numb my worries and also assisted with the rest of my book.

In the middle of the night, my phone lit up and vibrated; at first I suspected for it to be Ian, texting me about his wanted fantasies, but was even more surprise to see it was Aryiana.

Come outside.

I frowned to myself and moved away from my bed then quickly down the flight of stairs. 

I stood on the tips of my toes and gazed outside the front door to see Aryiana. She was wearing a pink sweater with her hair pulled into a messy bun, she was wearing sweats and her brown UGGS and I quickly opened the door.

"I'm sorry to bother..." Her voice trails off and she wipes her nose. "Don't apologize Aryiana, come in." I say and step back to allow her into the warmth.

She shivered and took a few steps before finally walking inside. I closed the door and observed her facial expression, hopefully I could find out what was wrong by just looking at her.

"My parents kicked me out." She mumbled and my eyes widened. "What the Hell? Why?" I practically shouted. At this point I wanted to go to her parents house and burn it down!

"They found out about me being gay and then being pregnant. They thought I purposely got pregnant so I could cover up being gay." She explains and I scowled.

That made no damn sense. "I finally came out and saw that I was raped..." Her voice trails off again and she collapses to the ground and holds herself, then weeps.

I quickly follow her down and wrap my arms around her body. "They said I was lying." She informs in a broken whisper.

And in that moment, I realized the true ignorance that was in all age groups- grown ups. Parents were unaware of their childs' suffering whether they said or kept silenced.

They're ears where not equipped to hear such pain from their kin. They're eyes were not ready to witness the loss and scars that marked their childs skin. They're souls weren't ready to be ruptured by the emotionally absent child. They didn't know how to handle it or worse enough- they just didn't care.

"They don't love me." She bawled and I looked up, hoping to see what? An answer? God? A light? 

Something.

"Aryiana..."

"Don't say sorry. Don't feel sorry for me, feel sorry for the bastard who did it. I'm going to make him pay Marley. I'm going to take away everything he has-" She goes to stand up, but I grab her arm and stand up, letting her fall back into my arms as she continues to cry.

"No Aryiana. That's not your place for you to correct him. Believe me, when I figure out who did this to you...." I stop myself as visions of the things I would do flash through my brain.

I don't care who it was, even if I didn't know them. I would search for him.

How could he do this to her?

"My Uncle Lei is away so I couldn't stay with him. I didn't know where else to go." She says and I grab her hand and lead her upstairs. "You should always know that this is your second home." I remind her and she sniffles and opens the door.

Sage is snoring, fast asleep, and she goes and crawls on the bed next to her and sits up, staring at me.

"Can I get you anything?" I ask and she shakes her head. We're silent for a moment and I just simply gaze at her from afar.

"I can't keep this baby Marley." She finally whispers and shakes her head. "That would piss my family off even more, but I cant. I can't provide. I can't mentally or emotionally deal with a child. I'm only 17." She adds and looks down at her hands.

"The option to keep the baby is entirely up to you. It's your body. Your life. Your choice. If you believe that you can't handle it or deal with it...then do what you have to do. I'll even go with you. I support you either way." I say and she bites the inside of her cheek. 

"I'd be a murderer." She whispers and I start shaking my head. "I hate hearing that. People don't know a womans' reasoning for an abortion. She already has to deal with the guilt of giving up her child, why label her and make her feel even worse? Why should it be up to a bunch of strangers whether or not a woman's life should change forever with a child? It would not make you a murderer Aryiana. I don't care what anybody says." I state.

"Well I do. I'm only a few weeks....along. But...I want to do this as soon as possible...would you really go with me?" She asks and I nod. 

Her eyes fill with tears again and she wipes them. "I don't know where to go or where to-" I stop her.

"I'll look up all of that stuff okay? I'll figure it out for you. Right now, get some sleep. If you don't want to go to school tomorrow, you don't have to. I'll get your work from your teachers." I offer and the corners of Aryiana's lips form into a smile.

"Ary," I can't refrain from asking, my conscious will not allow it. She looks up for a moment and I think she knows what I'm about to ask.

"Who did it?" I ask in a whisper, I felt as though it wasn't any of my business but in a way I felt as though it was.

She frowns to herself and then finally nods. "Fine...I'll tell you." She says with an exhale.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

Short little update, but I have a few more coming up soon.

Sorry it's a bit of a cliffhanger. I have sent emails out for the wattpad meetup so go check! I hope you guys are enjoying it!

Love always, flower