One

This rain was disrespectful. It was uncalled for, especially since I had to walk home in it. Although I was a senior, I was one of the unfortunate people who did not possess a car nor a drivers license so I was forced to walk to and from school every day of my pathetic high school life.

No bus. No carpool. None of that.

And even though I was intelligent, I had the worst luck known to man. As I arrived at the gate of my house, a large truck drove by, causing water to splash across my clothes.

"You insolent little ass!" I shouted back at the car.

I sounded like a lunatic and that I was alright with, usually in these harsh conditions, I would have the distraction of my music to help aid me but no...my agitating new teacher confiscated it for the evening. I had to wipe off my glasses in order to rummage through my bag to find my key and once I did, I opened my front door to see my best friend Sage sitting on my couch.

Sage had black hair cut into a bop, she always wore vintage sweaters and bleached skinny jeans and her Doc Martins. No matter the weather.

"Who let you in?" I ask in disbelief a I see she's already helped herself to my fridge and started eating the chocolate I stored in the back to keep from melting. "I know you keep your spare key under the plant." She says with a shrug and I groan and close the door behind me.

"Don't you have somewhere to be?" I whine, dropping my bag to the ground. "Jeez, I can't visit my best friend? Fine, I'll leave your bitter ass alone in here. Bitter and alone!" He states putting the chocolate on the table and rising to her feet.

I sigh and can't help but smile at her. She was so dramatic.

"You can stay," I say, it wasn't like I was going to turn her away.

"Great! Cause I invited Violet and Ariyana over too." She says plopping back down on the couch.

"You're lucky my parents are never home." I mumble and she rolls her eyes.

"Even if they were, it would not mean a thing." She grins and I slip off my converse and walk back into the kitchen.

"Can you bring me some dip too while you're in there?" Sage asks me and I groan as I lift my head up from the fridge and hit my head.

"Anything else?" I ask, as I grab the dip and reach over to grab some chips as well.

"A soda couldn't hurt." She adds and I scowl as I realize, the soda is on the other side of the kitchen. "I'm cutting back on your junk food!" I call out and there's a brief moment of silence.

"Sage?" I call out, "Oh you were serious?" She asks as I waddle back into the living room.

As I place the contents down on the table, the front door bursts open.

"Afternoon peasants! The Queen is here!" My friend Aryiana sings as she takes off her expensive glasses dramatically.

Aryiana was the rich one, her mother was Asian and her dad white, we mostly relied on her for transportation.

Violet, my other dear friend, walks behind her and shoves her.

Violet was more of a bookworm than I was, which was possible. She wore glasses just like me which was fortunate because whenever I broke my glasses, I could use hers because we're the same prescription. Which is the goofiest thing ever. We were all dorks in our own special way and that's what made us special.

"Oh shut up, you're basic just like the rest of us." She harshly reminds and Aryiana scowls at her.

"Jealousy is an ugly trait," Aryiana says, putting her nose up. "And so is cockiness." Violet adds.