Twenty- Seven

I hung up. I didn't have time to interrogate Ian. I didn't have time to worry, but then in my head I realized; it could be an advantage having him on my side.

But then it sort of made sense for Zachary to put the snake in my bedroom, to warn me off. I remember Zachary hinting all of this, hinting that he basically had already won...but now with this new information, I could use it to my advantage.

My parents had left, they had decided to make a 'celebration' dinner also knowing that Sage and Aryiana were both staying with us, they needed to get more food.

I went into my fathers study, in order to use his computer, and perhaps find something useful about my school; a loophole or something. I don't even know what I was really searching for.

I went to go log into my email address on his computer and frowned when I saw a few of his emails already up.

Mr. Winter, your withdrawal from Western Union has been completed with an additional $5,000 that have been added to your account.

Thank you for working with us.

A withdrawal? A new account? For what? I clicked on another email and read it carefully.

Mr. Winter, We have read over your portfolio and we are amazed by your proficiency.

The sooner you can arrive in Los Angeles, the better! Please contact us soon.

A new job? Was my dad planning on leaving? But why wouldn't he tell us? Was it good news that he was going to us at dinner? Did he get promoted?

But why move? I couldn't leave now. Too much was going on.

But the more emails I read, the image of my glorified father broke instantly. We weren't moving; he was leaving us.

But he wasn't going alone...

He thinks that it's his baby but now I'm not so sure. It makes sense if it's you...but now I'm not so sure.

I swallowed the large lump in my throat as I read my fathers reply.

I told you...I'll be with you regardless. I'll somehow tell them.

I lied back in his chair and suddenly felt disgusted. My dad would leave the state? My dad would leave my mother....he would leave his own daughter for that bitch? He would throw away his family here for her?

He would leave us?

I balled my fists together and pushed away from the desk, looking for anything near me to punch or to throw, but instead I ended up grabbing the side of my head, gripping my scalp and pulling at my hair, screaming in a gurgled wail and dropping to the ground.

Fuck you dad. Fuck you Sarah Evelyn. Fuck you.

I cursed them and then cursed myself. I cursed them all. I stood back up, my vision blurred from the tears as I turned on my heel and headed back outside of my house. If I could go through some files at the school, I know there was one way to get into the computer system.

Ian was shocked to see me back at the school, even though I had to be off the premises because of my suspension but by this point I didn't care.

"Marley I can-"

"Save it." I say, holding up my hand and he steps back and swallows. We were standing in his empty classroom and I walked around him with my arms folded across my chest.

"So you'e Zachary's uncle huh?" I ask and Ian nods slightly. "That's why I thought Zach put the snake. I still feel like he did." Ian mumbles and I can't even bare to tolerate his voice.

"You've been keeping a lot of secrets from me and as much as I'm pissed at you, it involves you too. So now we have to work together." I mumble and he tilts his head to the side, clearly confused. "I read emais on my dads computer about your little sex kitten. She's skipping town." I state and Ian's eyes widen.

"What?"

"Yes, with child. Who by the way, may not even be yours. But I have more things to worry about. I want to get into the school system." I state and Ian holds his hand up and closes his eyes, trying to process all of the words I'm speaking.

"Hold on Marley, what are you getting at? Why does this involve Sarah?" He asks me and I scoff and roll my eyes, "Because I don't think Sarah and my dad are skipping town over a little pregnancy. There's something else to do with this. My dad was in a car accident and although it was no accident. I feel like our little secret is in danger as well." I add, he says nothing and I can see that he's clearly still confused.

"Your bastard nephew raped Aryiana and is spreading a bunch of nasty shit about her. Lies. And he's plotting something and I don't know what it is but he's already ahead of me in this and I can't do it alone." I mumble.

Ian's eyes narrow and he balls his hand into a fist. "He raped her?" He's growls and I nod. He goes to say something and then covers his mouth and exhales shakily.

"Okay...what do you want me to do?" Ian finally asks me, trying to calm himself down.

"Tell me everything about Zachary. Get me into the system. I have no idea what this could be." I ask and Ian nods.

"Zachary wasn't a bad kid, at least nothing that I knew of. His father died a few years ago and his mom is nowhere to be found. All of his private information is with the court, technically my sister still has full custody of him by law but she didn't say why she didn't want to raise him anymore. That's actually where he goes when he throws his infamous parties." Ian informs me.

"Well what does he do when he gets home?" I ask him.

"He dabbles on some website- I'm not quite sure what it's called but he just types a lot." Ian tells me and I walk around the classroom.

What can I do to figure all of this out? Who else can I talk to?

"Can I go to your house? I want to look through his computer." I state boldly and Ian nods, "I was called to the office to retrieve Zachary and bring him home but his aunt came instead, all of his things are still there." Ian mutters as he retrieves his car keys.

"Thanks." I say truthfully and he passes them to me.

"You drive. I have a class to teach and we cant be seen together. Just have my car back in one piece." He says with a smile and I press my lips together. "I don't have a license." I remind and he shrugs.

"So, the drive to my house is a straight shot and rarely any police cars are anywhere near it. It's abandoned, but just be back soon and don't get caught. I trust you." His sincere tone almost has me for a moment but then I remember all of the deception and quickly toss that childlike thought away.

"Well I don't trust you." I announce with my chin held up and he nods with a sad expression plastered across his face. "I know and we can work on that." He offers and I scoff and roll my eyes.

Yeah right...

But I say nothing more, I just alter my attention all on my mission: to find out what Zachary was really up to? Then figure out why the hell Sarah and my dad were leaving?

Ian Valente was the least of my worries.