Twenty- Eight

Thankfully, I didn't get caught whilst driving to Ians. I didn't have time to let my anxiety set in from getting caught, because I was too busy anxious on what I would actually find.

I entered the house and checked all the rooms to make sure- no one was in. Of course as I walked past the playroom I bit the inside of my cheek and shook my head as flashbacks filled my brain.

Moaning.

Panting.

Begging.

The sounds of our hot sex filling the room. The lust....

I walked back down the stairs and checked in the basement and went back up.

Usually in all the movies, the girl will just walk in and won't check to see who's home and something bad happens. So after checking, I locked all the doors. I made my way up the stairs, slowly looking in each room, checking to see if I could identify which one was Zacharys'.

There was one that was slightly open, that I had checked early and I reopened it.

The walls were painted cream and there was a large king bed at the end of the room with a blue comforter. I walked over towards the end and saw books stacked on top of each other and noticed at the bottom there was a laptop. After grabbing it and sitting back on the bed. I knew for sure it was Zacharys.

How did I not notice before?

Of course, his laptop had a passcode on it and I groaned aloud.

I never had passcodes until Ian took my phone; his very first day teaching. I smiled at the memory but then switched back to reality.

I couldn't live in my fairytale land anymore.

It was time to wake up.

What could his password possibly be? Out of all the things? I tried simple things and knew in the back of my head that I was never going to get this correctly.

Hah, it would be funny if the password was actually my name. I thought to myself and tried just as a joke. But was surprised and slightly frightened when it logged in.

He really had my name as his laptop passcode.

What the hell is wrong with this kid? I shivered at the thoughts the filled my brain, but tried not to contemplate on that for too long.

As his profile loaded completely, I clicked on his Notes.

Seeing he had a list of names, I noticed Aryianas' and then Ms. Evelyn's, I frowned to myself and noticed that he had random numbers to each name.

I clicked on Google Chrome and clicked on his website history.

www.pornhub.com

www.xnxx.com

www.redtube.com

I internally groaned as my eyes flew past the many porn sites he had been on.

www.blogger.com/senioryear

Of course that caught my attention and when I clicked on it, I noticed that it was a whole blog that Zachary created. He had listed down everything that had happened in the year. From the first day, to his party, the homecoming horror...even things he had no business  knowing- he did.

He was exposing it all is if it were some diary. I read his most recent:

I don't believe that I'm psychotic. I don't believe that I have an obsession either. I just know that I'm going to end senior year....with a bang. 

M.W is my target but I have to go through my insolent uncle in order to get it.

What the hell was this kid planning? I found websites searched for Smith & Wesson, I couldn't make out the image but he had been searching for it frequently.

I took out my IPhone and typed in the name and waited for images; and once they did...I realized it was a gun.

After searching until just weeks ago- I saw that he had purchased one but under Ian's name and he went to go pick it up four days ago.

That was all I could get out of this entire investigation and I sighed. Why was I expecting to find his exact plan? Probably because I wanted all of this to be over.

But all I got out of today was that, he's after me and bought a gun under Ian's name. And that does not sound good at all if you ask me.

I drove Ian's car back into the school parking lot and walked back home. I didn't bother telling him I had returned, he would just have to trust me like he said he did.

As soon as I walked through the door, I saw my mother curled up in a ball on the couch. I swallowed the awkward lump in my throat and approached her silently, sitting down on the couch only for a moment before she flinched and looked around.

Our eyes met and her expression softened and she put her head back down; I reached for my mother, rubbing the side of her arm slowly and sitting closer to her.

"Are you okay mom?" I ask her and she doesn't look at me, she just simply shakes her head and I lay down next to her.

I hated seeing my mom like this. "I want to make this work. For you. I really do." I know she's talking about her marriage as she says this and my heart clenches. If she had told me this a week ago, I would've wanted that but know that I knew what was really going on, my thoughts changed completely.

"Don't make yourself miserable for my sake mom. I'm almost 18, I'll be out of the house. I would never ask for you to sacrafice your happiness...and chance at finding someone again, just for me. That's selfish of me." I whisper and I hear her sniffle, her chest raising quickly and then dropping slowly.

She was crying.

"I just wish I knew if it were true, but I know the signs Marley Jane. I do." I then contemplated; should I tell my mom? Should I tell her what I knew? But that was no place for a child. It would be wrong.

But in that moment, I just wanted my mom to not feel like she had to live in deceit, in fear of not knowing and sleeping next to a man, I knew for sure should not be trusted.

"Mom..." My voice trailed off and she tilted her head to look at me.

"I went snooping a bit...and Sarah Evelyn...my principal....she's pregnant....and dad's the father." I let the words linger in the air and I say nothing. Shit, I shouldn't have said anything. Those two needed to discuss these things themselves. 

I was no adult, plus I was their child, their daughter. I should've let karma come around and get my father. ..

"Thank you Marley Jane." My mother then sits up and wipes her face. I try to say something but I felt as though I already messed everything up. I watch my mother grab her purse and keys, then she's out the door.

What the hell did I just do?

~*~*~*~*~

It's a filler chapter, sorry guys. But enjoy! One more update coming again today, I recommend you don't read the next one in school.

x flower