Team Battle

Lucy stood across from Natsu, Erza stood across from Jellal, Juvia stood in front of Gray, Yukino in front of Max, and Levy in front of Droy. Levy wished she could seem as cold as her team mates did right now, glaring at their opponents, but she just couldn't glare at Droy, something stopped her. So instead of glaring at Droy she did the next best thing, glared at everyone else instead.

"Wow! The tension is so thick you could cut it with a knife!" Mato exclaimed, eyeing the Saber and Fairies, cautiously, "the team battle will commence.. now!" He yelled, the Sabers wasted no time attacking their opponents. Yukino and Levy easily took down Max and Droy without causing them harm, and laid them down at the edge of the arena. But the others seemed to have slight difficulty with their competitors, it wasn't obvious to anyone else, but they were pulling their punches. Levy gaped at her friends with a look of betrayal on her face, after all these guys had done to her they still cared for them! This revolted Levy, but then she thought.. if it were Gajeel she were fighting would she do the same thing? Would she be just like them? Pulling her punches and not fighting her best? Levy shook the thought out of her head as she noticed something else her friends were doing.

Smirking.

Levy and Yukino sighed with relief when they realized the three mages were pulling their punches on purpose to seem weak, seem like they still cared! And Natsu, Gray, and Jellal were none the wiser, the two bystanders could see it in their eyes, just like them, they to believed the girls still cared. How very wrong they are.

Lucy swung her arm back to punch Natsu, and like the previous hits he expected her to pull back in hesitation. But this time was different, her arm shot forward and hit Natsu square in the jaw, there was a loud 'slap' as fist made contact with skin, Natsu reached his hand to his jaw, Lucy's punch had tore his skin. He then realized, she never cared for him at all, not now not ever, and he stared, frozen in horror as a raging storm built in her eyes. This was her revenge, revenge for what he had done so long ago.

"Anemoi air knockout!" She yelled, gusts of wind roared at Natsu and he felt his breath stolen from him, and no matter how hard he tried he couldn't catch it again. Like a game of cat and mouse, where the witty mouse was always one step ahead of the cat. Natsu looked like a fish out of water, clawing at the ground in anger, fear, frustration.. all the pent up emotions that were surging through him.

He stayed awake longer than she thought he would, three minutes and forty-three seconds. Most lasted fifty seconds before they blacked out in fear. But like all the others, Natsu laid down, lifeless and desperate for air.

And just like Lucy, Erza and Juvia showed their enemies no mercy either. Juvia drowned Gray as Erza burnt Jellal alive, of course they wouldn't actually kill them, maybe seriously harm or maim. But they weren't killers, that's the one thing they and the boys had in common, other than their hatred for one another.

"Master! They'll kill them!" Gajeel spat as he tried to jump off the balcony to help them, but was stopped when he noticed three hulking monsters guarding the arena at his feet. They were made of dirt and rocks, and Gajeel looked up with a growl, staring at the girl he hated most. Levy. Sitting down next to Yukino, face deep in concentration, her hair plastered to her face, dripping with sweat. Her breaths short, but enough.

"God, she's hot." Sting mumbled as he watched Levy perform one of her most powerful spells. Gajeel didn't know what he saw in the shrimp, sure she was once kind, beautiful, smart, but she wasn't powerful, and like all villains in a Fairy Tale, that's what they craved more than anything in the world. But even so.. Gajeel couldn't help but feel jealousy store up inside of him.. he once had a chance with Levy, but had thrown it all away. And he was happy with his choice!... or was he..?

Gajeel didn't have time to think it over, as he watched his friends dying before his eyes. Finally after many complaints from his guild- and the crowd- Makarov forfeited the match, the win going to the Sabers who had yet to be beaten. As soon as he called the game over though Natsu woke, Jellal's burns disappeared, and Gray sat down, a little wet but unharmed. They crowd was shocked, it was as if the space around them was manipulated..

Thousands of eyes bore into Yukino, as she smirked and giggled, and only then did everyone notice that her hands were lit up, she was casting a spell. A spell that allowed her to manipulate the space around her, and she fooled everyone, even Gray, Natsu, and Jellal. Levy swung an arm around Yukino, in a sort of 'nice job' gesture, "nice work, Yukino, you even had me fooled for a second there." She said, Yukino smiled as her pride swelled from hearing her friend's nice words. The teams walked back to their separate balconies, one swelling with pride, the other sulking with embarrassment, it was obvious which was which. Sting jumped from his balcony to theirs and celebrated, by kissing Levy right in front of everyone. A few people went 'oooh' like the toddlers they were.

"You did great, my gem." He teased her, Levy hated any nicknames he gave her, yet she never stopped him from saying them.

"Thanks, but it was those three mainly." She nodded towards Lucy, Erza, and Juvia. Erza was kissing Rufus from the privacy of the very back of the balcony, as Lucy seemingly giggled and blushed at nothing, no doubt talking to Hibiki through telepathy. And Juvia smiled, foolishly, as she watched Lyon form a small ice heart and send it over to her, where it burst into several smaller ice hearts. And Yukino, well Yukino was nowhere to be seen, neither was Rogue. Levy sighed as she put two and two together.

"What a bunch of lovesick fools." She joked, as she kissed Sting one more time, neither one wanting to break the kiss.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Wow, it's been a while since I last updated the story, I think Elements Of Sabertooth is officially going to be updated once a week now, either Wednesdays or Thursdays, I'll decide later.

Until then, stay tuned to find out what happens next on Elements Of Sabertooth!