Pregame Fight

"Looks like we have a fight breaking out on day one of the Grand Magic Games!" Chapati announced as he looked down at the guilds, "Noboru Mikazuchi has challenge both Night Wanderers teams to fight! It's Night Wanderers vs Everyone else!" Chapati yelled unto his mic as the guilds took the places across from each other. The fight didn't seem fair to anyone watching, it was ten mages against twenty-five mages! There was no doubt who would come out victorious after the fight, and no one believed it could be the Night Wanderers.

"This is your final chance to back down." Shin told them, the Night Wanderers rolled their eyes at him, "everyone here is a powerful mage, there's no chance you'll win against us all." He continued, the Night Wanderers could tell he was trying to be nice by telling them this, but Shin really needs to work on his communication skills.

Hoshi laughed as he glared at Shin, "we've talked ourselves up so much, it'd be an embarrassment to walk away now." He told him, his team nodding in agreement, "besides, beating all of you will get us warmed up for the games." He smirked as he balled both his fists.

"Oh dear oh dear." Mato danced around the field as he chewed on his nonexistent fingernails, "I suppose there's no stopping this.. so let the fight begin!" He waved a flag around that seemingly came out of nowhere. As soon as Mato said they could go both Au and Taro rushed into the air using their magic, Taro opened up archive as he started to look up details on the mages they were fighting.

"Yui Buchanan." Taro pointed at the girl who was currently trying to tie up Shiori and Takiyo, "she's afraid of loud noises, sudden movements, and... dogs?" He said the last part confused, wondering if somehow his archive had broken down, but instantly stopped wondering when Yui shuddered at just the thought of all those things Taro had just listed.

Shiori and Takiyo smirked as they began to breathe in deeply, "Earth/white dragon's roar!" They yelled in sync, Yui had to cover her ears from the sudden loud noise, as the magic caught her and Miku Realight off guard, sending both of them into a pile at the far end of the arena.

"Shigeru Law. Deathly afraid of heights." Au read off of Taro's archive, she quickly used her air magic to propel the boy into the air as he squirmed and tried using his own magic to bring him back down, but it had no affect against Au. She brought him up higher and higher until the boy looked like he was about to pass out, so she floated him down and over to the pile containing Yui and Miku.

"Hana, Kokoro, and Riku are all afraid of explosions, a trait caused by their parents stories of when their guild exploded." Taro told his team, Hoshi took the chance to knock out three competitors at once, he breathed in as he unleashed a roar just like Shiori's and Takiyo's.. only his was much more loud.

"Space dragon's roar!" He yelled as the magic raced towards the three, the sound of his roar was so loud that it sounded almost exactly like an explosion, catching the three of them off guard but only being able to sweep up Hana and Riku, adding them to the growing pile of mages.

Noboru stared in shock at the growing pile of mages, "how are we losing?! We outnumber them! Have they even been scratched?!" He yelled in outrage, Kawa took the opportunity to freeze the ground Noboru stood on, he tried to break free from the ice covering his feet but it was too strong for him..

Kawa was about to finish Noboru off when Shin jumped in to save his brother, he unsheathed his swords as he cut the ice off of Noboru's feet, he landed near Kawa as he pointed both swords at her, "You all are cowards, merely taunting your opponents until you know their weakness to take them down? And you call yourself powerful mages?" Shin asked her, Kawa glared at Shin and Noboru as they took places next to each other, ready to take Kawa on by themselves.

"I will not disgrace my team!" Kawa yelled, she slammed her hands on the ground as the atmosphere in the arena suddenly changed, it was much colder now.. and the crowds watched as the entire arena was suddenly covered in ice, "You Mikazuchi's cannot take me down!" She sneered as the ice crawled up their bodies all the way to their waists.

While Kawa was taking on the Mikazuchi twins the others were easily taking care of the other opponents. Amaterasu took down Kokoro and Ryuu with stone beams she had shot at them, Ezume took down Yori with her water creatures she had brought to life, Mamoru used many different element life creatures to surround then knock out Haruo and Ena, Yuki and Hoshi had even performed an unison raid to take out Atsushi, Daitan, and Shizu by Yuki sending waves of water that swept them up, then Hoshi used his magic to freeze the currents, trapping the three in thick layers of ice.

"How is this possible?! The Night Wanderers are taking down all of them without even gaining a scratch! Seems the only one having difficulties is Kawa Vastia who's facing off against both Noboru and Shin Mikazuchi all by herself!" Chapati announced into his mic, before something at the edge of the arena caught his eye, "What's this? The Fairy Tail teams haven't made a single move towards the Night Wanderers! What's holding them back?!" He yelled as everyone's eyes were suddenly on the Fairies who had been trying to escape without being noticed by the other teams and the crowds.

"Hey! Get over here and fight!" Noboru yelled as he dodged an attack from Kawa, "help us take them down!" He grunted as Shin used his swords to propel Noboru forward towards Kawa, she blocked him with an ice wall that Noboru smashed into head first.

The Fairies looked at each other, unsure of what to do, none of them wanted to fight the Night Wanderers.. but they also didn't want to back down from a fight where they were needed. The Fairies whispered to each other before nodding in agreement to their decision, they put their heads up and walked towards the fight, each one summoning their magic.

"Let's fight."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Fairy Tail is getting in on the action! But will they be able to fight the Night Wanderers? Will their participation even make a difference? Or will the Fairies be the key in defeating the Night Wanderers?

Stay tuned to find out what happens next on Elements Of Sabertooth!