military 2

2 years later

Today's the day.

Today's the frickin day.

My beloved boyfriend comes back from his enlistment today.

I slowly rise from my bed and sit on the edge of it, smiling to myself at the the thought of him coming back today.

The first week without him, was basically living hell. I spent nights, crying myself to sleep, cause he wasn't there to fall asleep next to me. He wasn't there to comfort me, cuddle me, kiss me- he wasn't there for any of it.

I missed him. I missed him so f**cking much that it almost killed me.

After the second week of him being gone, I kinda got used to him being away. It still hurt, deep inside, knowing that he was gone, and wasn't coming back for 2 years.

On our anniversaries, which I had to unfortunately spend alone, he sent me sweet letters, telling me how much he missed me, wishing he could be with me. I sent him letters back, knowing that he wasn't allowed to use his phone when he was there.

Even on the saddest days, his sweet letters and thoughts never failed to make me smile.

I quickly got up and got dressed for the day. I changed into a nice sweater, and some black jeans. I headed to the nearest cafe for breakfast, knowing that I would see my best friend there.

"Hey, you. Why are you so happy?" She asked me, when I reached the front of the line in the cafe. She works there, and always gives me discounts on coffees and stuff.

I smile once more. "Jungkook is coming back today."

She smirks as she gets my original coffee ready. "Oooh. That's why you're so happy, huh?"

"Of course! Why wouldn't I be happy the day my boyfriend comes back from his enlistment after two years?"

She laughs and hands me my coffee. "Well, don't get too excited. You might drop that coffee somewhere." She jokes, and I roll my eyes at her.

I quickly take my coffee out to the car before my phone rings. The contact name I've been longing to see for years showed up on my screen.

Jungkook💕

I quickly answered it. "Hello?"

"Hello? Y/N?"

My eyes lit up when I heard his manly voice. "Yes, it's me, Y/N!"

"You don't know how long I've been longing to here your voice, love, I swear." You can hear him smiling when he said that sentence.

"Me too." I smile.

"Anyways, I have something to tell you." He says. I can hear the sound of the airport in the background.

"What is it?"

"My flight has been delayed. 7 hours." He says, sorrow present in his voice.

My heart sunk at his sentence. "What?"

"Yeah, I probably won't be home until tomorrow evening, at least." He says.

"Oh." My eyes start tearing up again.

"I'm sorry, baby." I can hear the guilt in his voice, and I quickly wipe away my tears.

"It's fine, I'll just pick you up tomorrow night."

"Ok, then. I'll see you tomorrow, babe. I love you." He says, and makes a kissing sound before hanging up.

I put my phone back in my bag and sigh. "I guess I'll just have to go one more night without him."