military

I sat down on the couch, waiting for Jungkook to come home from practice. I had a box of tissues sitting on the table, just in case I started crying again.

Jungkook was leaving for his enlistment in the military tomorrow, and he's gonna be away for two whole years. He's won't be able to use his phone to contact me, at all, so he would only be able to do that through letters.

I say there and thought about what it'll be like when he's gone. I'll miss all his cuddles, and hugs, and kisses, and sweet words- I'll miss it all. The fact that I'll have to wait another 2 years to be able to experience that again after tomorrow makes me wanna cry again.

I grab another pair of tissues and wipe my eyes. Just as I was putting them in the garbage, the front door of the small apartment opened. "Baby, I'm home."

I go to the door to see him, and he smiles. "Hey."

I weakly smile at him. "Hi."

His smile turns into a worried expression. "What's wrong. Are you ok?" He puts his bags down.

At that moment I start breaking down and start crying again. He sees this and comes to wrap me in a big hug. "This is about my enlistment, isn't it?"

I nod, and he sighs and kisses my head. He rubs my back soothingly which calms me down a bit.

He pulls away and cups my cheeks with his hands. "Hey, no more crying." He wipes away my tears. "Give me another one of your beautiful smiles."

I smile a bit, tears still streaming down my face. He smiles back. "There. That's much better." He kisses me.

We go into the kitchen and eat the food I made earlier. We talk about many things over dinner, since it's probably the last time we'll have dinner together in two years.

We go to our bedroom and lay in bed to watch a movie. I set up the VCR and play the movie. Jungkook pats the space next to him. "Come here."

I go onto the bed and lay next to him as he wraps his arms around me. We sit there and watch the movie until it was over.

When it was done, we just lay there together, enjoying each other's presence.

I finally decide to speak up. "Jungkook."

He responds with a 'hmm'.

"When you're gone for your enlistment, what's gonna happen to us?"

He looks at me. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, what if we forget about each other, in the span of two years, or one of us gets in a car crash and forgets the other person, or one of us meets someone el-" Jungkook cuts me off.

"Babe, what the hell are you talking about? You know that I would never, ever forget about you. Ever. I'll be thinking of you the whole time while I'm there. Also, if any guy lays a hand on you, and it isn't me, I'll beat them up when I come back. Plus, it's just two years."

"Yeah, I know, but...a lot can happen in two years." I say, and he sighs. "I know that, but you know one thing that will never change?"

"What?"

"I'll always be yours, and you'll always be mine. Forever. Cause I'm gonna marry you someday." He says, smiling down at me.

My eyes suddenly start to tear up, and he looks at me. "Y/n...don't cry." He pulls me closer to him and hugs me.

"I don't want you to go." My warm tears streamed down my face as I looked up at him.