Chapter 13: The Rescue

“Its official, Jack. You’ve run out of ideas.” Wuya says while floating around Jack’s newest robot. “You just don’t appreciate good robotic ideas. My newest bots are the perfect combination of agility and grace.” Jack said standing next to one of his new robots. “They’re monkeys Jack. Grace isn't exactly the first thing that comes to mind.” Wuya stated to which Jack responded by sticking his tongue out at her. Black smoke then began to form around the foot of both Jack and the robot he stood next to. Jack then let out a high pitched scream and jumped away from the robot and hid under a table. A voice than came from within the growing smoke. “I must agree with Spicer on this one. Just because something is normally quite irritating, doesn’t mean that it doesn’t have its uses.” Chase said, immerging from the smoke, examining the mechanical creature.  “Chase! It’s an honor to have you here. Would you like anything? Something to drink, something to eat, anything, name it and it’s yours.” Jack said, kissing Chase’s boots. “Actually, I have a job for you Spicer. I don’t like the idea of the monks having the Sleep Sprayer. I want you to steal it from them and bring it to me. I figured this would give you the perfect excuse to, not only annoy the monks instead of me, but to also test out your newest robots.” Jack then jumped to his feet and gave Chase a salute. “You can count on me.”

“I hope so.” Chase murmured has he teleported away in yet another puff of smoke.

Back at the temple, the monks were turning an empty closet into a room for (Y/n). “There! That should be good. And if we need to keep her out of trouble, we can just close the door.” Kimiko stated having finished setting the room up. “How are you so sure it’s a girl Kimiko? Have you checked?” Raimundo asked earning a punch in the arm. “First off, that’s rude, even if she’s a cat. Second off, don’t you know that 99.97% of calico cats are female?” Kimiko answered, to which Clay simply responded, “Learn somethin new everday.” Omi, who had been holding and petting (Y/n) and completely ignoring his friends, suddenly chimes into the conversation. “I think we should name her Yin.”

“Why do you say that Omi?” Kimiko asked, confused by the sudden change in topic. “Because of the name tag. It is the yin sign, plus she is just so sweet and nice.” Omi responded, hugging (Y/n). “I think that’s a mighty fine name fer the lil cutie.” Clay agreed.  As the monks continued to talk and fawn over (Y/n), they had no idea what was being plotted against them.

On the ledge of a nearby mountain, Chase stood growing impatient. “Where is that idiot Spicer? He should have been here hours ago. He knows how much I despise waiting.” Five minutes later, Chase heard the sound of Jack’s copter backpack. “Finally, time to get my kitten back. Shroud of Shadows!” With that, Chase wrapped himself with the blanket causing him to disappear.

Back at the temple, the monks were still distracted with (Y/n) when the sound of gongs were heard. “GUYS! It’s Jack and Wuya. They’re heading straight for the temple.” Dojo explained, causing the monks to jump into action. Clay then realized that he still had (Y/n) in his hands and took her back to the closet. “Here you go, Yin. You’ll be nice and safe in here. We don’t want a lil cutie like you gettin hurt.” He said before closing the door. ‘NO! DON’T CLOSE THE DOOR. Dang it! I can’t believe this is happening to me. LET ME OUT! Who am I kidding, nobody can understand what I’m saying. My best chance at getting back to Chase is to wait until the next Shen Gong Wu reveals itself and hope that Chase is there to get it, and me.’ She says to herself, giving up her attempts at escape and letting out a small sob. She then heard a familiar voice and began to look around. “That’s a really good strategy. Only one problem Kitten. I’m right here.” Chase said before revealing himself from beneath the Shroud of Shadow. ‘CHASE!!’ She exclaimed while running up to him. He then crouched down and picked her up, nuzzling her to his cheek. ‘What are you doing here? How did you find me? How long have you been here?’ She began shooting off question after question before Chase put a finger to her mouth. “I’ll explain everything, but not here. I’ll tell you when we get home.” Chase said.

‘Home. That sounds great.’ She said, nuzzling against his cheek. “Shroud of Shadows!” Chase yelled before covering them both up and disappeared to start their journey home.