Chapter 8: The Fury of the Kitty

“YOU TURNED ME INTO A COMMON HOUSE CAT!? A LITTLE KITTEN FOR THAT MATTER!? I SWEAR I’M GOING TO TEAR YOU APART!” (Y/n) screamed with her new squeaky high pitched voice, as she tries to attack him but all she could do was attack his foot. With his hand still over his mouth and shoulders shaking from laughter, Chase bends over and picks (Y/n) up. Still not done with her fury, however, she begins flailing her claws around. Chase, having finally compose himself enough to not laugh, repositions how he’s holding (Y/n) so that she is now sitting in one of his hands. Having finally stopped flailing, (Y/n) looks up at Chase with pure rage in her eyes. “HOW COULD YOU!? I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO TURN ME INTO A FURIOUS LOOKING JUNGLE CAT, NOT A TINY LITTLE HOUSE CAT KITTEN!” Her squeaky voice caused Chase to have to cover his mouth again to keep himself from laughing. Taking a deep breath to compose himself, yet again, he begins to explain himself. “Honestly, I was going for a cheetah. I think your aura caused my magic to have the opposite effect on you.”

“So, instead of making me a big, awesome cheetah, it turned me into a cute little kitten? AND THIS WASN’T ON PURPOSE RIGHT?” She asked only half believing that he didn’t do it on purpose. “I swear kit- (Y/n), that I did NOT do this on purpose. And I honestly believe that it might have made you smaller than most kittens. You look like an average three month old kitten, but you seem to be the size of a one DAY old newborn. But it looks like some of the cheetah spots stayed on.” He stated, smiling innocently while pointing out a cheetah spot on the side one of her hind legs. To which she simply glances at the spot then turns back and glare at Chase, giving him a little growl in the process. 

“Okay, so you said that I’ll be able to change back and forth between this form and my human form. Did that change too?” She asked, seeming a bit worried that he may try to keep her like that. “That should still be the case, however I believe that it would be easier if you learned how to switch between forms on your own.” He said as he began to pet her head. “Okay so… Wait WHAT!? ON MY OWN!? YOU MEAN YOU’RE GOING TO LEAVE ME LIKE THIS!?” She screamed. Chase gently held her against his chest while petting her new, soft, calico fur, trying to calm her down. “Relax, I’ll walk you through it, but I’m a strong believer of learning by experience. So…” he said. She threatens him, not too happy with what she believes he was going to say. “Don’t even think it.” 

After a long moment of silence, he begins to walk out of the throne room and down the hall before stopping in front of his bedroom door. “Uuuhhh…… What are you doing? Why did you turn to this door? My room is another two doors down. You never let me into your room. Why are you acting like you’re going to take me into your room?” She asked nervously. “Because you will be staying with me in my room from here on until you get the hang of switching. Besides I have a very special gift for you.” He answered with a devious grin on his face as he pushes the door to his room open.

As they entered his room, Chase immediately walks to the GIANT black canopy bed in the center. As he walks to the bed, (Y/n) decides to take advantage of the situation and begins to look around the room. She came to the realization that Chase was not the kind of person to hang on to the past. She found almost no personal items. She did find a weapons closet, a dresser, some headless mannequins with armor on all but one on them, and a balcony. Chase suddenly snaps his fingers and the entire room filled with black smoke. When the smoke cleared, (Y/n) saw that there were now multiple different cat towers and toys and even a pillow-like cat bed on Chase’s bed. Noticing all of this, she then glared up at Chase and growled. “I hate you.” He simply smirked at her comment. “You may hate me, for now, but keep in mind that you do need to get used to your new form and you may even grow to prefer it. But for the time being, you need to not only get used to maneuvering in this form but you also need to learn to shift inbetween forms. I just figured that this would give you enough determination to learn more quickly. Until then, welcome to my room… Kitten.”