Chapter 4 - "It was magic, Darlings!"

She walked into Gold's shop, the same time as Snow, Charming and their daughter. "What can I do for you?" He asked them.

"What you can do is tell us what you did!" The blonde demanded of him, making her roll her eyes. He has done a lot of things in his lifetime, she'd have to be more specific.

"I'm sorry. You're gonna have to be more specific!" Rumplestiltskin told them as Atarah stifled a little laugh.

"You know damn well what we're talking about." David said as he gave Atarah an annoyed look, making her narrow her eyes at him.

"You double-crossed Emma, you, uh, took your potion from her.." Snow began to explain.

"And did Who knows what to this town!" David added.

"And worst of all, you risked Henry's life!" This Emma finished.

"Well, that is quite a literary of grievances, now isn't it?" Gold said making her grow impatient a little.

"Maybe I don't need answers. Maybe I just need to punch you in the face!" Emma said rather fast. Atarah sighed loudly as she leaned against a glass cabinet.

"Oh," Gold began to laugh lightly. "Really, dearie? Allow me to answer your questions with some of my own. All right? Did your dear boy Henry survive?" Gold asked as he moved past Atarah and stood in front of Emma who had her arms crossed.

"Yeah!" She replies softly.

"Is the curse broken? And let's see, uh, Miss Swan, how long have you been searching for your parents? You're reunited. Seems like a punch in the face, I deserve a thank you!" Gold said being his usual self.

"Twist my words all you want. What was the purple haze you brought?" Emma demanded.

"You know..I think Atarah can answer that for you. Huh? I mean, her mother is very skilled within it and she's the reason I was able to come up with the idea!" Gold said as everyone looked over at her.

"Well, Jones? What was it?" David asked her.

"First of all, don't call me Jones. Second, it was magic, darlings. He brought magic here, to Storybrooke!" She informed them. "Oh, Stilskin, Where's my stuff?"

"Indeed, it's magic!" He told them. He looked over at Atarah. "You're stuff is in that box over there!" He pointed to it. She smiled and walked towards it.

"Magic? Why?" Snow demanded.

She pulled open the box and looked down at her things. She beamed happily at her stuff. She picked up the boots that were inside and slid them on and slipped her borrowed shoes off, she slid her knifes into her boots and looked down at her cloak. She put it over her shoulders, it's what stopped her two curses, it was a gift off of someone, she just couldn't remember who.

Suddenly the floor shook and a car alarm went off from outside. She left the last few items and walked out the shop. She stood outside while newspapers flew around her, her hair wildly flew in all directions, blowing the raven black hair in her face. Electricity from the power lines began to crack and the sky was a gloomy colour. She knew what was the cause of this.

If the wraith got Regina she wouldn't get answers or her memories back. She needed to stop it. So she took off running for the police station, running faster than any human could. She raced for the police station, one thought clear in her mind. Her family.

She raced into the room and watched as the door to the jail cell came away and was thrown into a wall in front of her. Regina looked at the wraith before her and her eyes landed on Atarah. As the thing held its hand out and began to stick her soul or whatever out, she ran forwards and jumped on top of the desk.

She grabbed the lamp and plug and had an idea. She jumped off the desk and jumped onto its back, wrapping the wire around its neck. It stopped sucked her soul as the both of them fell to the floor. It grabbed her and threw her against the wall, that's when David tried to help Regina. She watched as a desk went flying towards David.

"Fire!" She yelled out. Snow looked at her confused. "Wraiths hate fire!" She yelled as she threw a lighter at snow, who caught it. She ran towards the Wraith with an aerosol spray and the lighter.

The wraith fled as the fire came towards it, not wanting to be burnt. She stood up and brushed her hair out of her face as Emma walked towards Regina to help her up.

"What was that thing?" Snow asked.

"A wraith, a soul sucker!" Regina told her confirming what Atarah had thought.

"Did I-"

"Kill it? Of course not, it's regenerating. It'll be back for her!" Atarah spoke. "It doesn't stop till it devours it's prey!"

"Me!" Regina finished.

"So how do we kill it?" Emma asked.

"There's no way. You can't kill something that's already dead!" Regina told her.

"Then we have a problem!" Emma sighed.

"No, we don't! Regina does!" David spoke up.

"Then we have a problem, my dear prince. She dies, I don't get my memories. Of course, she can die after I have my memories back though, that's if your down for murder." Atarah spoke up.

"So you both just want to let her die?" Snow asked.

"Well, Yeah!" Atarah said with an expression that clearly screamed obviously.

"Why not? Then it goes away. Then we're safe!" David spoke.

"That's quite an example you're setting for your daughter there!" Regina spoke up.

"No, you don't get to judge us!" David said as he raised his voice. Atarah raised her eyebrows before she walked over to where the side was. There was a pack of doughnuts there and she smiled at the food.

She pulled one out as the people behind her were talking about whatever. She wasn't really interested in all the feel good stuff.

•••

The others were inside the town hall, getting ready while she was running late. She walked in as the lights began to flicker. "Well, I guess I'm on time!" She said as she entered the room they were in.

"Regina!" Emma said in warning.

"I'm trying!" She spat back as the wraith got closer. She was trying to spin the hat so the portal would appear. The doors swung open and Atarah yawned.

Emma looked at her. "Are you really yawning, right now?" She asked.

"Evidently!" Atarah sighed.

Soon the room was a fire. "Come on, Regina. How hard can it be?" Atarah said as she got off the table she was sitting on.

"I'd like to see you try!" Regina hissed venomously.

"Now would be the time!" David yelled back adding pressure to Regina. Atarah rolled her eyes as she pathetically spun it again.

"Oh, move over!" Atarah sighed as she pushed Regina and Emma out the way. She held her hands over the hat and clicked both fingers. The hat began to spin and a purple type of energy spun around them.

"It's coming!" David yelled. Emma and Regina moved in time, but Atarah was taken down and into the portal with the wraith.

"Tara!" Snow yelled as she watched her friend fall down the portal. Atarah was simply falling, This was very different compared to her own portals. Very different indeed.