Chapter 3 - "We all run around holding hands, and make daisy chains together!"

"We don't have to do it this way! I can fix the Jolly Rodger, my magic is powerful enough!" Regina explained to them all as they walked along the beach towards the greenery and away from the boat. "We can execute the pirates plan!"

"Sneak attack? Let's not be naive, save your magic! We'll need it later, because Pan already knows we're here!" Emma told them, making Atarah roll her eyes. Of course Peter knew they were there. "It's time we stop running, Gold was right. This land is run on belief. All of us have been too busy at each other's throats to be believers. I was as wrong as anyone else. It's time for us all to believe- not in magic, but in each other!"

"Technically, you're literally the only person here who has ran away from her problems. Instead of saying we, you should have said you!" Atarah spoke, narrowing her eyes at Emma slightly.

"Atarah!" Judas scolded. He faced Emma. "She doesn't mean that!"

"I do!" She corrected.

"You wanna be friends?" Regina asked Emma. "After everything that has happened between us all!"

"I don't want or expect that. I know there's a lot of history here and lots of hate!" Emma told them all.

"Oh, no! We're all fine, absolutely no hate at all. We all run around holding hands, and make daisy chains together!" Atarah snarled out bitterly.

"Actually, I quite fancy you from time to time, when you're not yelling at me!" Her brother told Emma Swan, making Atarah roll her eyes in annoyance.

"We don't need to be friends. What we need to know is the only way to get Henry back is cooperation!" Emma announced.

"I don't think I'm very good with this 'cooperation'. It sounds odd!" Atarah spoke up, making everyone roll their eyes at her.

"With her?" David asked looking at Regina. He looked to Killian. "With him?" He lastly looked towards Atarah. "With her?"

But the rest of the conversation was cut away from her when she felt something. She felt what she had felt when she first got to this realm, this land, it was dying. She looked up in shock and something caught her eye. It was a boy that she recognised. Though she had no time to find out as they all began to walk off into the jungle.

She looked at the boy once more, before she rushed off to join the others.

•••

David was ahead chopping leaves and all that out of his way to make a path for them all to follow after him. "The ridge is just a few hundred paces up ahead!" Her brother informed David from behind him.

"You really think we're gonna be able to see Pan's hideout?" Emma asked from behind Regina, who was behind Atarah.

"From there, we should be able to see everything, including where he's keeping your son!" Her brother said, being the informer once again.

"You know, I could have just poofed us up here in an instant!" Regina told them, a little unimpressed that they made her walk all the way up the grassy mountain like cliff.

"Where?" Hook asked. "Have you any idea what's up here or anywhere? There are dangers all about. Only I and Atarah can guide us past them!"

"He's right!" Emma spoke up. "Hook and Atarah have lived here before. If he says hiking up is the best way, then we listen!"

"Here, you need to stay hydrated!" Snow said as she handed Emma a flask full of water, making Atarah roll her eyes. Where did she even get the flask from? She didn't see any on her brothers ship.

"Thanks, Mary Margaret!" Emma thanked as she took a drink from the flask, the liquid sloshing about inside the flask as she did.

"You know, 'Mary Margaret' is a bit formal!" Snow spoke as she looked to the floor. "You could call me 'Mom', if you want! You've done it before!"

"That was...back when we-" Emma trailed off slightly awkward while Atarah resisted the urge to snort in laughter.

"We were about to die!" Snow finished for her. "Oh, no! I get it!" Emma then walked forwards, leaving Snow behind.

They soon got to a path where there was two ways. David went to cut a way through, but Hook stopped him by holding onto his arm that held the machete. "I can handle a couple of thorns!" David deadpanned to her brother.

Atarah scoffed. "Those ones you won't!" She spoke up. "That's dreamshade! It's not the thorns you need to worry about, it's the poison they inject you with!" She rolled her eyes in annoyance, these people were quite annoying.

"This plant is the source of the toxins I used on the Dark One!" Hook added on to his sisters explanation of dreamshade.

"The poison that almost killed Gold?" Emma asked.

"Indeed!" Killian confirmed. "I used a concentrated dose. In it's natural form, death would be much slower and far more painful. I suggest we go this way!" He pointed to the path to the left.

"We'll go this way!" David said taking the path to the right. Atarah followed after him, along with everyone else. Once they reached the top, she could see everything and that brought a bright and genuine smile to her face. She had missed Neverland.

"Pan's lair should be just.....right...." Her brother began as he looked over the dark forest with a confused expression on his face and she smirked, he had forgotten where it was.

"Where? All I see is jungle!" Judas snapped angrily.

"Aye, the dark forest!" Atarah told them all, informing them of what part of the land they were overlooking.

"It's, uh, grown so much since I last stepped foot in Neverland!" Her brother commented as he looked through his scope, over the dark forest.

Regina sighed angrily. "So, this nature hike was for nothing!" She snapped frustrated with the pirate.

"Hook may have led us astray, but at least we're in a good position to start combing the jungle!" David informed them all, his optimism making Atarah roll her eyes and feel slightly sick at.

"Not exactly!" Atarah spoke up with a smile.

"The dark jungle's the last place you want to set foot. We'll have to go around it. In order to do that, we're gonna need our strength. I suggest we make camp!" Hook told them all.

"You wanna sleep while my son is out there suffering?" Regina asked the pirate looking at him like he was as crazy as his sister.

"If we want to live long enough to save the boy....yes!" Hook told them all and they all stared out at the dark forest.

As they all retreated back to go help make camp, Atarah looked out and felt the land once again. It was most definitely dying, she could feel it. She was now Goddess of Life, maybe she could help a little. So she stood on the edge of the cliff and held her hands out in front of her.

As her hands began to glow a blindingly bright light, it shot out throughout the whole of the island. Rushing all over the land, giving it slightly more life than it originally had. Once the light disappeared, she felt that the land had slightly more life than previously and she smiled happily.

"Maybe this trip won't be as bad as I thought." She mumbled lightly to herself.