Chapter 13 - "Well, Snow, if you must know."

They were all sat down together, making some sort of trap to catch a lost boy. As she watched them making this trap she noticed her brother make intense eye contact with Emma. "A trap? That's your plan?" Regina asked Snow in disbelief.

"The lost boys wanna come after us, we need to go after them." Snow replied.

"You really think a lost boy is gonna betray Pan?" Her brother questioned in disbelief.

"He's right, you know." Atarah pointed out matter of factly from where she was sat leant against a tree. "The lost boys are unconditionally loyal to Pan. Unconditionally."

"Thanks for the advice."

"David, we need more vine." Snow told Charming as Atarah moved to sit against a huge rock next to the fire, and took a drink of water. Atarah really was dreading catching a lost boy in a trap.

"On it." David said.

"I'll come with." Judas said as he stood and went to leave with David.

"You're coming with us, pirate." David told her brother rather harshly. Atarah raised her eyes and glared towards David, she didn't quite like the tone he was using to speak with her brother.

"Why is that?" He asked.

"Because we need more rope." Emma told him.

"If the lady insists." Her brother bowed, and Atarah simply rolled her eyes. Just like that, her anger dissipated. Why her brother would do whatever Emma wished, she would like to say she didn't know why he was doing it, but she did.

Her brother liked Emma.

Atarah didn't have anything against Emma entirely, she just found the woman increasingly annoying and rather rude. Atarah didn't like the idea of her brother and Emma getting together - if they ever did. But then again, she guessed her brother wouldn't like herself and Peter being together.

So she decided to just back off and not think about anything concerning her brother and Emma. She did so because she wished her brother would back off, too. If he ever found out about Atarah and Peter's relationship, that is.

"So, Atarah." Snow began as she looked over to the woman, who was sat by the fire. "Where do you keep disappearing off to?" Snow asked her curiously.

Atarah made instant eye contact with Regina, before she faced Snow with a sigh. "I don't think that's hardly important right now." Atarah told her. "I mean, do you want to focus on me, or on finding Henry?" She asked her.

"Well, maybe where you're going can help us with Henry." Emma suggested. Emma knew where Atarah was disappearing off to most likely, she had seen Pan and Atarah together. But she kept it a secret for the woman, because she thought Regina and Snow didn't know.

Which was true, of course, Snow didn't know.

But Regina was also keeping the secret, she also thought Emma and Snow didn't know. The only person there that didn't know a thing about Atarah and Peter's complex relationship was Snow.

However, Emma wanted to at least try and get some information out of her concerning Henry. If she was seeing Pan, maybe he spoke of his plans with her, his location with her. And Emma was desperate to know anything she possibly could.

"Okay, I have been talking with Peter." Atarah revealed, and Snow faced her in shock. "But we were friends before he took Henry. We are friends. And I'm not gonna give any of his  locations up, and no, he doesn't speak about his plans with Henry with me." She let out a scoff. "He speaks to me about normal things that are discussed between a pair of friends."

"But he's got Henry." Snow pushed. "How can you not give away his location?"

"Well, Snow, if you must know." Atarah began with an annoyed expression. "Peter has saved my life more than once. Betraying him and giving up his location would be ungrateful and horrible. I'm not doing that, I assure you!"

"But-"

"End of discussion." Atarah snapped tempestuously.

•••

"A sextant?" Emma asked her brother incredulously after he explained his plan to retrieve a sextant with David and Judas that could help them get back home. "And you're telling us about this now?"

"How do we know you're not lying?" Regina asked as she put her hands on her hips.

"Oh, you don't!" Hook told her. "But I'm not! This is the best hope yet we've had of an exit plan. And don't forget we're gonna need one."

"Then what are we waiting for?" Emma asked.

"Emma." Hook said as he moved closer to the woman. "You were right. You need to get that message to Henry. Every day without hope is a day closer to becoming a Lost Boy."

"Which we don't want, at all." Judas added in from behind Hook.

"Your father, Judas and I should go." Hook told the blonde.

"Hook's right." David agreed with her brother, and Atarah found this rather curious. One second he hated her brother, now he's agreeing with him. Something was off, she just knew it.

"Uh, you want to split up?" Snow asked him.

"It's the last thing I want to do." David replied. "But if there's a chance he can get us home..."

"Okay!" Snow nodded as she looked at David, who had moved to stand in front of her.

David faced Emma. "Emma, while I'm gone, just..."

"Listen to my mother?" Emma asked.

David chuckled. "Be careful." He instructed her.

"I always am." Emma replied with a shrug.

"And when you send that message to Henry, add something to it for me, would you?" David asked his daughter, and it sounded to Atarah that David thought he wouldn't see Henry again. It was suspicious, very suspicious. "Tell him...tell him Grandpa loves him."

David pulled her into a hug. "Oh, um, okay." Emma said awkwardly as she eventually moved to hug him back. Atarah looked towards her brother and Judas and quirked a brow in David's direction. Her brother and Judas shook their head at her, telling her to just not ask. "Good luck!"

"You, too!" He told his daughter.

"Is everything all right?" Snow asked him suspiciously.

"Yeah!" David assured her before he pulled her into a hug. "I've just...Ive got to go."

"I'll see you soon." Snow sighed back at her husband contently.

"You know, Neverland's a dangerous place." David told his wife. "And, you know, you just never know what's gonna happen."

"David." Snow said as she pulled from the hug. "You're gonna be fine."

"Right!" He nodded before he softly kissed the woman on the forehead, and Atarah thought hard about what this could possibly be about. "I love you!" He told her.

Atarah watched him head on over to her brother and Judas, and that's when she realised what had happened. Why he was saying goodbye like that to his daughter and wife. He had been nicked by the dreamshadow at some point.

On one hand, herself and her brother did warn him about how lethal and dangerous they could be. But he simply shook it off. However, on the other hand, she guessed there was a tragic sense to it. Him about to die and not telling his wife or daughter. That was just a tragic story waiting to happen.

Atarah wasn't a fan of David, not really. He was rather rude to those who weren't his friends or family, like her brother. He also tried to have a duel with her on the Jolly Rodger for some stupid reason. But she guessed she might miss him when he was to die, maybe just a little bit.

But there was nothing she could do about it.