Chapter 19 - "That's what i saying, just let him die!"

"You can't guess, there are a million possibilities!" Snow told them all as she held a phone in her hand, none of them had noticed her approaching yet.

"10,000!" Red corrected the woman, making her wonder what on Earth they were doing. She stood beside Judas and Red with a small smile.

"What are you doing?" She asked them all looking a bit confused. They all looked at her some horrified other with relief.

"What are you doing out of bed? You need to go back, now!" Judas demanded of her. "You almost died last night!"

"Judy, I'm fine. I've been through much worse, besides, I'm going to find the guy that knocked me over and kill him!" She said darkly with a small smirk on her face.

David got an idea. "Never mind that, well, not just yet, can you unlock this with magic?" David asked her as he handed her a phone that was in Snow's hand. She took it from David's hands and looked down it.

"David, you do know that magic and technology don't mix well, right?" She asked him as she eyed the phone. "Whose phone is this anyway?" She asked.

"The guy who knocked you over!" Judas said as Emma came over and took the phone out of the girls hands.

"Here, let me try. I have a thing!" Emma told them. "And we do know something. There was stuff in his car- rental agreements, maps, receipts. His name is Greg Mendell!"

"Sounds like a dumbass name!" Atarah commented. "Dumbass people knock people over when they can clearly see them, dumbass people won't be able to tell we're all fairytale characters, right?" She asked them though she sounded doubtful.

"Now, Let's see.." Emma trailed off as she got into the guys phone. "Pictures of him alone at a bunch of Eastern Seaboard Tourist locations...A LinkedIn account.....and he tweets pictures of his food. I'll keep looking, but I think what we have here is a well-documented, real life ordinary Joe. Or Greg."

"So whatever's kept random people from stumbling into Storybrooke for the last 28 years...." Red trailed off nervously.

"It's gone!" Snow confirmed.

"I thought it was 30 years!" Atarah spoke up in confusion.

"Anyone could drive in," David added as he ignored Atarah's comment. "Why are my instincts telling me that's a really bad thing?"

"Well, he must have seen me doing magic to stop Rumplestiltskin from hurting my brother and when I moved my brother out the way before I got hit!" Atarah pointed out to them all.

"Cause you've seen E.T or Splash or any other movie where they find something magical and study it to death!" Grumpy told them all. He looked to Red. "Think what they'd do to a werewolf!" He then looked over to Atarah. "Think what they'd do to a fairy, or a Demigoddess. Hell, you turn into a mermaid and a swan. They'd have a field day with you!"

Red shot him a look as she tilted her head to the side slightly while Atarah sent him a murderous glare. "Oh, and his friends and family? They're gonna come looking for him soon!" Snow pointed out.

"Ok, I think we should just kill the dude." She told them all as she looked around the heroes. She raised her hand slightly. "I volunteer!"

"Let's try not to overreact!" Emma told them all as her gaze stayed on Atarah longer than everyone else, keeping in mind to keep an eye on her. "Hook says he doesn't know where Cora is, and god knows what she's gonna do. With other people coming here, that's not gonna be good for anyone."

"We need to find Regina, tell her we know she was framed!" Snow added in.

"I've been tracking her. No luck!" Red told them all. "She's gone underground!"

"Cora did say she wanted to see her daughter. What's not saying they aren't together right now?" Atarah asked as she felt a twinge of pain in her shoulder as she just jerked it painfully.

"Atarah's right. This couldn't have come at a worst time!" Snow said nervously.

"It's ok," Emma reassured them. "The guy's being patched up right now. He'll probably be on his way home in the morning!"

"Not quite," Dr Whale said as he joined them all. "He's bleeding into his chest's captivity. It's not a full flood, you know, but pretty soon he'll be drowning in his own blood!"

"Great, now none of us can kill him. His own body can!" Atarah said gleefully, everyone snapped their heads in her direction. "Oh, I mean. How terrible that is? We need to stop that right away!" She spoke sarcasm dripping off her words.

"So make it stop! Aren't you a doctor?" Emma asked the man.

Suddenly Dr Whale spun round and walked towards the stairs, where Rumplestiltskin was. "Gold. You fixed me. Now, fix him!" Whale demanded of the man. "It will take you seconds and cost you nothing!"

Rumplestiltskin paused for a while. "No!" He finally told them.

"No?" Whale repeated. "Just....no?"

"I owe you nothing Whale," Rumplestiltskin spat out. "I owe none of you anything, and some of you owe me. Except for Atarah, I owe her! But I doubt she wants to use that on, him!"

Everyone looked to Atarah. "He's right, the dude knocked me over and almost killed me!" She reasoned with a shrug of her shoulders, instantly regretting it.

"So, yeah, just no!" Rumplestiltskin told the Doctor. "And, and point of interest- the driver? He saw me and Atarah throwing some magic around. So instead of trying to get him out of here, you better be hoping he dies, because if he doesn't, he's gonna be driving tour busses up and down Main Street! Atarah, you'll most likely be a favourite, consider everything." Rumplestiltskin told them all. "So be glad I don't give a damn!"

"That's what I'm saying, just let him die!" Atarah spoke up.

Rumplestiltskin then walked away from them all. Dr Whale looked at them all. "Look, letting him die is easy!" He told them all before sighing. "I can do that, if that's what you decide!"

"Lets take this somewhere private!" Emma whispered to them all.

After taking them into a quiet and empty room, Dr Whale continued to speak. "It's not really murder if we let him succumb to his injuries!" He reasoned.

"I was thinking of something a lot more, quicker. Like smothering him with a pillow. Or strangulation!" Atarah said as everyone looked at her, making her shrug again, sending a wave of pain over her shoulder.

"I'm pretty sure it is!" Emma mumbled.

"Of course we save him!" Snow told them all.

"Obviously we save him!" David agreed with his true love.

Atarah made a noise of disagreement while Leroy said "Well!"

"Atarah, Leroy!" Snow exclaimed in shock at that they'd kill the man. Mainly shocked at Leroy, not Atarah.

"Look, we have to think this through," Leroy told them all. "If we save him and kill the whole town, is that really better?" He questioned them all.

"So we have to chose between his life and ours?" Red asked as she gripped Judas' hand tightly, making Atarah raise her brows at. She had no idea they were together.

"We can worry about the town later!" David told them all.

"Which doesn't mean we should abandon him!" Snow stated as she looked around at everyone around them.

"I know, but let's worry about Storybrooke after we save a life." David declared before he turned to face Whale. "Doctor Whale, prep for surgery!"

Whale then left the room without another word. "Anyone notice he's drunk off his ass?" Emma asked everyone in the room.

Suddenly, the Star Wars theme tune played throughout the room. They all looked straight at the phone in Emma's hand, Emma looked down at the phone. "Someone's looking for Greg," she announced. "How long before they come here?"