Perfection

Izzy's POV:

"Izzy!" I heard someone yelling my name, making me wipe my tears away as quickly as I could. "Fuck, you run fast. I've been chasing you for hours now" I turned around to see that the hand that had been placed on my shoulder belonged to Jamie, and when I looked up at him, he had a soft smile on his face.

"Cookie, I'm... I'm sorry, I just want to be alone"

"Listen, I can't leave you like this, Izzy" Jamie said.

"Yeah, just go and join the rest. I'll be fine, I promise"

"Iz, come on, I'm your friend. I'm not going to leave you, it kills me to see you like this. If I'd known Alex was going to be there, I would have avoided it at all costs"

"It's not your fault, Cookie" I murmured.

"I know, it's just... I hate seeing you like this, Izzy. You don't deserve it"

"Thanks" I whispered, shooting him a faint smirk.

"Seriously, I mean it! You're amazing, Iz!" I giggled. "Come on, you're pretty, you're smart, you're fun to be around, you're basically perfect!"

"I think I'm much too far from perfect, but thanks, anyways" Jamie nodded and then we remained silent, sort of allowing a certain awkwardness to arouse between us.

"So, uhm..."

"Why did you run after me?" I cut him off.

"I-uhh... I don't know" Jamie nervously stuttered. "I saw you running away and then when I finally found you I noticed you were alone and crying, so... yeah, I've seen you crying way too many times now. It just makes me feel so bad, I thought I could try and cheer you up"

"Well... thanks, I appreciate it" We crossed glances and I uncomfortably drew a strand of my hair back, folding my arms over my chest.

"Uhh, Izzy..."

"Yeah?" I noticed Jamie was slowly leaning forwards towards me, but I was too shocked as to even move and before I knew it, his lips were on mine. I blindly followed him until I realized what we were doing, and once I could force myself to react, I hastily backed away, just at the same time Jamie did.

"Whoa, that was a big mistake" Jamie let out as his cheeks turned beet red.

"Uhh..."

"Whoa, Izzy, I-I'm sorry, I never meant to do that, I don't know what came over me, I just-"

"Cookie, it's okay" I tried soothing him down, but he was absolutely freaking out to the point it was even funny to watch.

"No, no, really, I'm so sorry, Izzy. I don't even know why I did that! I mean, I suppose I haven't been with a girl for a while now, and we were alone and shit, but it's still wrong, okay? I mean, you're my friends, for fuck's sake! And besides, you're Al' girl, fuck it. I'm not that kind of friend; I'm such a fucking idiot"

"Whoa, Cookie, it's okay!" I laughed, even harder than I'd intended to. I didn't know why, but there was something about this whole thing that was so fun and so stupid at the same time, but it was still effective as to make me smile for the first time in weeks now. "Listen, it's fine. It was an accident, let's just leave it there"

"Are you sure you're not mad at me?"

"Oh, come on! This sort of stuff happens, sometimes"

"I... I suppose" Jamie shrugged.