Stolen Kisses

Izzy's POV:

"Alright, everybody! Let's all give a warm welcome up on stage to our gorgeous friend here, Izzy McCarthey!" Alex announced into the microphone with his hands high in the air, making the crowd go wild. From the side of the stage, I could see nothing but an ocean of black, in which bright dots shone every now and then in different spots, just like the starry sky above the stadium. My body froze once I heard my name being called out, making Alex walk towards me to force me to move. "Come on, Iz!" He insisted with a bright smile on his face.

"Wh-what?!" I squealed in shock. "Are you out of your fucking mind, Alex?! I'm not going over there!" I tried stopping him from dragging me closer to the microphone by digging my heels into the ground, but it was useless. Alex was way stronger than me, and I was too overwhelmed as to even think.

"You've got to do the job, Iz!" He laughed.

"What are you talking about?!"

"Didn't you say you wanted your part of the money for Fluorescent Adolescent?" He inquired, making me go speechless. "Well, get your ass moving and sing it with me first!"

"Alright, I've proved it! You're definitely out of your fucking mind!"

"Come on, move!" He ordered, pulling from my arm strongly and making me step foot on the stage, just as the spotlight nearly blinded me and the crowd roared in excitement. I took a hand to my face to get the illumination's warmth off me, following Alex without even knowing where I was heading for.

"You know, I was only joking when I said that, Alex!" I yelled.

"Oh, it's too late now to regret it, mardy!" He chuckled.

"Go, McCarthey!" Matt hollered from behind his drum kit whilst my head moved in all possible directions, searching for a way out. I saw Nick and Jamie laughing as well, but I was seriously about to die here.

"Alright, now" Alex talked into the microphone again, snaking one of his arms around my shoulders. "This lovely girl you're all seeing here helped me write the next song a few years ago. Without her, I'd probably be nowhere now. You should all thank her, though" The crowd cheered once more, and before I could protest, Alex was gently strumming on the acoustic guitar hanging on his chest. "You used to get it in your fishnets, now you only get it in your night dress" He hummed, eyeing me form his side. He continued until he reached the end of the chorus without getting a single word out of me, but then he winked at me reassuringly, and I forced myself to snap out of my trance already. "Come on, Iz" He encouraged me with his deep voice.

"Flicking through a little book of sex tips, remember when the boys were all electric?" I joined him, listening as the crowd sang along with us, being unable to hide my smile. This was our song; we'd written it so long ago together in what was supposed to be just fucking around, and now it'd caused a whole stadium to scream its lungs out with our lyrics. Those were our words, our feelings, and our friendship. Nowadays, it had a million people connecting to them.

"You're falling about, you took a left off Last Laugh Lane, just sounding it out, but you're not coming back again" Everyone chanted, leading to one of the most epic finishing lines a song ever had. By the end, I couldn't keep myself from giggling and staring out into the sea of people, being abruptly taken into Alex's arms and taken out of my thoughts.

"That wasn't half bad, mardy" Alex muttered into my ear.

"You're insane" I answered, feeling him kissing my temple. The crowd went wild at that gesture, and I was sure I was beet red by now.