The Spies

Izzy's POV:

"So are you coming home to say hello to your adoptive parents or not?" Alex inquired as he stood up.

"Yeah, I think it's time for us to leave this rooftop, already. You really need to go and visit your parents" I agreed, taking Delilah in my arms. "Let me get Delilah inside first and then we'll leave" Alex followed me into my house again and we let my parents' know we were going to his place, just like we would do when we were eight year old kids. There was something about walking to Alex's house, which was literally next to mine, that brought back so many memories. We would do this every single day when we were younger, it was a sort of routine for us back then. "Are you ready?" I asked before Alex could ring the doorbell to his place.

"No" He sternly affirmed. "But I've got to do this, someday" Then, he pressed his finger against the doorbell and, almost immediately, his Mum, Penny, was opening the door for us.

"Alexander!" Penny said in a reproachful tone, furrowing her eyes at Alex and ignoring my presence next to him. In fact, I could see she was so mad at her son that she didn't even notice me there. "How could you?"

"Hey, Mum, it's really nice to see you again after so long" Alex slurred ironically, heaving in a big sigh.

"Oh, don't play it smart on me, little boy, I'm your mother!" Penny yelped.

"Mum, I was busy, we talked about this" Alex complained.

"Too busy as to even call, at least?" Penny claimed.

"I can relate, Penny, don't worry" I giggled, earning myself a deadly glare from Alex's part. "Don't take it personally, he's been like that with all Sheffield, I think" Penny's eyes landed on mine and, automatically, a broad smile found its way to her lips.

"Izzy!" She gasped in surprise, wrapping her arms around me. "How are you? You look so beautiful!"

"Thank you, Penny" I chirped. "You look great too"

"Oh, you're still as lovely as I remember you, sweetheart" Penny exclaimed. "It's so nice to know that not everyone that left Sheffield has forgotten about me" She continued, scolding Alex with her eyes.

"In my defense, I did call you" Alex chimed in.

"Don't even get me started on that" Penny sentenced, raising a hand up to her face dramatically.

"Alright, I know you love Izzy more than me because you wanted a girl, but you got me instead, Mum" Alex stated. "Can we get into the house, already?"

"How dare you?" Penny hissed. "You didn't even have the nerve to apologise" Alex rolled his eyes at her as he groaned, but then we simply followed Penny into her house.

"Wow, your house looks beautiful, Penny" I admired, looking all around her. "Have you been doing some decorating, lately?"

"Oh, yeah" Penny affirmed. "We've been painting and also got some new furniture. Thank you, Izzy"

"Where's Dad?" Alex questioned.

"Aren't you in a hurry? You've just arrived, do you want to leave to Los Angeles, already?" Penny scolded him.

"I'm just asking, Mum"

"He went out to play with some friends, he'll be here for dinner" Penny explained, turning her back to Alex and walking towards her kitchen. Fuck, she was angry at him.