What's Going On With You?

Izzy's POV:

"Come in" I heard from the inside of Mark's office. I gulped harshly and took the doorknob with shaking hands, feeling as if I was walking towards my death sentence. "Isabella" Mark happily exclaimed once he saw me stepping into the room.

"Hello" I barely whispered.

"Please, take a seat" Matt extended his arm, motioning towards a chair in front of him. I silently obeyed and heaved in a brief sigh, trying to avoid crossing eyes with Mark at all costs. "You know why you're here, right?" I nodded. "Good. Start explaining, then"

"Mark, I..."

"You don't love him, don't you?" Mark interrupted me, but I fell completely speechless. "Isabella, he's worthless. Trust me, I know the kid. He's immature, irresponsible, problematic... he's one of the biggest pricks I know. Surely, a woman like you wouldn't want to waste her time with a boy like him"

"I'm sorry, but that's... that's none of your business, Mark" I bravely let out.

"You see, it is" Mark stated, folding his arm over table. "If that picture ever gets to the press' claws, we're all doomed. You're doomed, Alexander's doomed... I'm doomed, for all I know. Forget about him, Isabella" Mark ordered, gluing his eyes to mine.

"You... you can't do this to him" I whispered, feeling as a single tear rolled down my cheek.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"You can't decide for him"

"Actually, I can. I can do whatever I want with him"

"You don't own him!" I complained.

"He's my rock star, Isabella" Mark exclaimed, raising the volume of his voice. "I decide everything he does. In fact, you shouldn't even be worrying about him. He abandoned you for six years, darling, and now what? He comes back and expects you to forgive him and be all lovey dovey with him like it used to be before? You don't own him anything, Isabella, he doesn't deserve you. Come on, you're smarter than that"

"It's not like that" I murmured. "You'll never get it"

"I'll tell you a little something, just because I really like you" My heart paralyzed at his words, my mind thinking at a thousand miles per hour. I didn't know what it was with this man, but I could never finish understanding if he was flirting on me or if he was only pretending to be nice. "That picture I sent you... it was a lovely gift from Miss Lincoln's part"

"What?!" I squeaked in shock.

"Exactly" Mark grinned. "The lady hired herself a personal photographer who, I dare say, took that trip to Sheffield alongside you. Of course, you never noticed his presence there, right? There're a lot of pictures, Isabella"

"Why's Stephanie spying on us?! That's wrong!" I claimed.

"She had every right to do so"

"What?!"

"Stephanie signed that contract next to Alex. If he breaks it with his charming childhood friend, Stephanie would be losing a lot of money. All of us involved would be losing it. Of course the girl wanted to make sure that prick wasn't fucking up! Fucking up is all he knows how to do!" Mark yelled. "Besides, just imagine how bad of a blow it would be for Stephanie's reputation if people found out her boyfriend cheated on her with a fashion designer. I don't mean to offend, you know, but the girl's a model"