Innocence

Izzy's POV:

After what felt like hours of crying over my Mum's shoulders, I slowly dragged my feet towards my bedroom, craving for that need to finally fall into a deep slumber. Anyhow, sleep never came, and I ended up taking my notebook and drawing new designs with Delilah by my feet. I'd achieved a level of concentration I'd rarely experienced, but it soon faded away when I heard a soft knocking on my glass sliding doors that led to my small balcony. I shot my head up abruptly, wondering who it might be at these hours of the night, but then my fear subsided when I noticed Alex smiling at me from outside. I laughed to myself and shook my head, leaving my notebook aside and stepping towards the doors to open them for him.

"What are you doing sneaking out of your house? Your mother's going to kill you" I said once I had Alex in front of me.

"And what are you doing dressed like that with a man looking at you? Your mother's going to kill you" I furrowed my brows at him and looked down at myself confused, only to realize I'd never remembered putting some shorts on before letting Alex into my room. My eyes went wide when I noticed I was only wearing a tight shirt and my panties, and I hastily darted towards my wardrobe, hearing as Alex chuckled behind me.

"You, perv! Don't look!" I hissed at him.

"As if I've never seen you naked, Izzy" Ales snorted. "Now, that's a nice welcome"

"Shh! My parents might hear!"

"I'm sure they're fast asleep"

"Ugh, I hate you so much, sometimes" I groaned as I slid on some shorts.

"Don't blame it on me, mardy, you were the one who never noticed she was only in her underwear"

"Don't you ever shut up?" I complained. "What do you want, anyways?"

"I can't sleep" Alex exclaimed, folding his arms over his chest. "And from the looks of it, you can't either"

"Yeah"

"Rooftop?" Alex suggested.

"Yeah, why not?" I shrugged, leading the way.

"Nice butt, Iz" Alex commented as I went up the stairs.

"Ugh, I knew I should have let you go first" I expressed whilst I was hearing Alex's muffled laughs below me. I took a seat on the rooftop and brought my knees to my chest, resting my head on Alex's shoulder once he sat down beside me.

"So... what were you up to?"

"Oh, just designing some new stuff"

"Sounds cool"

"What were you up to?"

"Not much, really" Silence fell upon us as we only listened to the sound of the crickets, but there was a certain peace about this that just made me relax. "Did you know our mothers were keeping an eye out for us? You know, when I kissed you after I'd walked you home" Alex said, breaking the silence.

"Oh, my God, was your Mum also looking?" I gasped.

"Yeah, can you believe it? They were fucking spying on us!" Alex let out offended.

"I know! I feel observed now! They must have been talking and plotting all of this ever since we told them we were coming back home for a couple of days"

"I know, motherfuckers" Alex grumbled. "And did you also know about-"

"The bet?" I cut him off. "Of fucking course I knew about the bet, Mum's just told me all about it"