Too Late

Alex's POV:

"So... where's Isabella?" Mark inquired, resting his forearms on the table. His eyes were stuck on mine, but I was avoiding them by exchanging glances with the lads by my sides.

"We suppose she's just running late, she'll be here at any minute" Matt answered for me.

"Good" Mark said. "In that case, I'm going to leave for a moment, I need to get other things done. When she arrives, we can get started with the meeting" We nodded understandingly, and a deafening silence invaded the room when Mark left us alone in his office, and I heaved on a frustrated sigh, rubbing my forehead.

"Does anyone of you know where Izzy is?" I asked annoyed. Izzy was rarely late, and I was beginning to worry about her. I haven't seen her for a couple of days now, and I knew she was trying to avoid me. Honestly, I couldn't blame her. We'd been texting each other only for work purposes, and that had been mainly it. I didn't know what she was up to, and I doubted she knew how much I was missing her. "Jamie?" I called him, noticing he was nervously looking away from me. "You look like you know something"

"Listen" Jamie sighed. "I was talking over the phone with her the other day, it'd been a while since I'd last seen her, so we were just catching up. She told me what she was going to be doing these days, but I'm not sure you want to know"

"Are you kidding me?" I spat. "Of course I want to know"

"Yeah, I don't think so" Jamie insisted.

"Just tell it to me already, Cookie" I groaned.

"She went out with Logan" I automatically shut my mouth up at Jamie's words, but I still cleared my throat and pretended not to be affected by them, although the lads were staring at me worriedly.

"Well, she can do whatever she wants to do" I dismissed. "She went out with that bloke, so what? Big deal"

"I don't think you're quite getting what I'm trying to say, mate" Jamie continued.

"What do you mean?"

"She told me she was going to go have dinner at his place" My walls seemed to be crumbling down over me as my heart shattered into a million pieces. Dinner? At his place? That meant things were getting onto another different level... an intimate level. Not with my Izzy. "You know... she probably stayed the night there as well-"

"Yeah, I know, I know" I cut him off, feeling like my head was going to explode if Jamie kept talking. I couldn't even stand the thought of Izzy having sex with someone else. I was sure she must have felt like I was feeling right now every time she'd seen me with Stephanie... fuck, I really was a dick. "Why... fuck, I don't get this" I shook my head in denial, as if that would make the terrible thoughts that were haunting me go away.

"I'm sorry, mate" Jamie whispered.

"Do you realize now what we were trying to tell you that night at the Rubble?" Matt questioned, placing a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

"I never meant for things to turn out this way" I mumbled, my gaze lost in the distance. "I... I don't know why it's being so hard on me to do things the right way"

"Are you okay?" Nick asked.

"Yeah, I... suppose" I sighed. "I'm going out for a smoke" As soon as I stood up, the doors to the office opened, and I immediately took a seat again just in case it was Mark, but I was completely surprised when I saw Izzy barging into the room.