Perfect Timing

AUTUMNS POV

"That lunch was so gross" I scrunched up my face in disgust. I swear, I saw a cockroach in that fruit.

"At least the chicken sandwich was wrapped." Mia replied, and we shoved the doors to the outside open, where we had our 15 minute break from hell. *cough* I meant school.

"You ate it all anyways." I frowned at her, but she just smiled and shrugged it off.

"It's not like they poisoned it." Mia rolls her eyes, and we break free from the crowd running outside with us. We could all use a break from school, even the rude kids. Mia and I walked and talked for a little, walking around the grass field on the road, teachers talking. They wouldn't notice if we ran away, I bet...

"Autumn!" Mia grabs my arm and yanks me back, and I stumble behind her, looking at what she dragged me away from.

"A pentagram!" She smiles, and so do I. If any other kid was in this situation, they'd probably ask what a pentagram was, and then be weirded out by it. I'm honestly highly disappointed in peoples interest at this school.

"Was this always here?" I asked, peering closer torwards it. It looks like it was drawn in red and white chalk.

"I don't really know. Lets call it a schooltagram!" Mia grins at me, and I laugh, shaking my head.

We start walking away from the pentagram, and a group of girls walking behind us start screaming. We turn around, and they're soaking wet. Behind them is a big, dark cloud, pouring out rain, and getting close to us.

"C'mon, let's go!" I grab Mias arm, running torwards the doors with everyone else. Unfortunately, she has running shoes on, and cuts ahead of me. I pull up the hood on my hoodie, and glare at Mias back as she runs ahead, and I get drenched.

When I reach the doors and walk in, Mia's smirking at me. She's perfectly dry, not a drop of water touched her from that cloud, moving awfully fast.

"Oh god. I hate you, you know? Now I look like sh-"

A teacher walks by, glancing at me suspiciously.

"...iz." I roll my eyes as she turns away, no longer interested. How dumb is it that people can't show their emotions with "stronger" words?

The lights flicker for a second, and thunder roars outside. A couple kids scream as the teachers tell them to calm down, shoving us into classrooms.

Mia and I get seperated into different classes as I'm pushed into one by an impatient teacher, stumbling through the door and getting shoved every way.

"Get under the desk! This is NOT a drill!" The intercom rings, and I start freaking out as I hear thunder outside, again.

The thunder sounds like its almost...laughing?

I try crawling under a desk, but they're all filled up, kids making room for their friends. I groan as I slide into a cramped one, and thunder claps again. I look down at my black hoodie, sighing. We have bad weather where we live, and stuff like this happens all the time. But this time, there seemed to be clues leading up to it, and... I just don't know.

Wait, where's the teacher?

I poke my head out from under the desk. She's gone...?

This time, I scream, as lighting strikes the schools yard, catching it on fire. Scrambling out from underneath the desk, I dash to the class phone. I dial 911, bringing it up to my ear.

The phone doesnt ring.

I look down, and the cord's still connected. I guess the storn broke the satellite. Oh my god.

Kids all over the classroom are crying, and I run out the door, people telling me to stay inside as I run out.

And you know what?

Mia and I would've collided if it wasn't for the dead body that caught both of our eyes. Looking up at Mia, she stares at the body, a smile carved in it.

"Holy shit...Mia...that s-smile...!" I look back at the body, gruesomly torn apart.

"Autumn, we have to tell the other people to get out...now!!!" She screams, and we're both still shocked from the dead teacher.

We run back into our seperate classes, screaming at the other people to get out. I open the emergency doors, surprised at people paying attention to my orders and running. They run away from the spreading fire, but a couple kids still fall down as a body dashes between them. As soon as some kids who made it away from the figure escape, his face is revealed.

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!" I scream, backing away from the door, and slamming it shut.

And he just...smiles at me.

"MIA, JEFF THE FUCKING KILLER IS HERE." I yell, and Jeff starts sprinting torwards the door. Kids are pouring out of the school now. Where the hell is the police?! I knew I shouldnt have decided to go to a school a mile away from life.

I run out the door... more bodies out in the hallway now. Mia runs out too, and we jump over the bodies in our way. I start crying at the sight of all the bodies.

The maniacle laughter behind us doesnt help.

"DON'T YOU WANT TO GO TO SLEEP!?" Jeff screams from behind us, and I gasp.

This is really happening, isnt it?

Oh god.

"The doors!" I scream, and we push on them.

"Autumn...Why...Why won't the doors open?" Mias eyes widen, and we start kicking them.

"Why, you're on lockdown, ladies." Jeff smiles behind us, Mia and I freezing like ice cubes. We're also melting, because Jeff is a very attractive individual- NO. HE'S GOING TO KILL US. SHUT UP, ME. CONTROL YOURSELF FROM SQUEELING.

But instead of me squeeling, Mia does something worse.

Mia yawns.

MIA.FUCKING.YAWNS.

"Perfect timing" I mutter, and her eyes widen, realizing what she just did.

At her actions, Jeff growls, but then raises his knife and smiles that creepy smile of his, even wider than the one he forced into his face.

"I know school can get boring, and tiring. Would you like to, oh, I don't know, Go To Sleep?"