More of a reason...

"Lia are you still awake? we  are almost there. The hospital is just around the corner. Try not to puke in the car."

=================================================================

After we drifted in front of the hospital, parked, I lifted Lia and asked a doctor to help my daughter and her constant sickness. It took them 15 minutes before they gave her proper attention.  

"sign your name here sir and fill out the other blank areas"

"sure, I know my daughter is fine, I only brought her here because my wife, she..."

"I understand, mr, Gene. Thank you very much we will help your daughter the best we can"

The doctor quickly walked away as if whatever she was running to depended on her life, or someone else's. 

I sat, impatiently, because I knew that I told Yukki I would be there in a minute, and here I am, because of an over dramatic wife. I wipe the tired from my face and eyes with my tired hands. What if Yukki feels as though I will never come? Maybe I should leave Lia here until the morning, and say that the wife needed me at home. I am running out of lies, but the lies are for the best, to protect my family, from,  whatever I can be protecting them from. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"sir?" 

I was suddenly awaken. I must have fallen asleep, thinking.

"How long was I out?" 

"I am not sure Mr. Gene but, we have news, it's about your daughter, Lia"