Motel

YUKKI'S P.O.V

My feet were weak but  i ran, ran as fast as I could until I was confident I lost him. I ran until I found myself, Here, at this Motel, called 'The Riches', how ironic, considering the dimly lit sign, walls of bullets and workers that operated as though serving each customer was a punishment.

As I walk towards the motel, I second glanced the horizon. How easily we can forget about life's problems by such beauty of this horizon. How it pulls you away from reality, having you forget. Beautiful, yet when it floats you gently back unto this earth, you remember what life you've lived, you wonder what gave you the strength to survive this long, what gave you the strength to go through what you have. There must be a God.

"Welcome to 'The Riches' how may i help you" 

The employee with an unkempt first impression said to me.

"I need a room" 

He hauls open a note book, still keeping his eyes off me.

"Name" 

"Uh, Yukki"

"How long are you staying here"

How long should I? How long would it take for me to fade away from this... strangers perverted, twisted, wicked mind. wicked, wick...

"Excuse me ma'am?" 

The employee behind the desk says to me dragging me out of my trailing thoughts, finally looking at me with red, tired eyes.

"Um, till morning" 

He looks down again, at his watch, writing information that I feed him. He asks for much more information I doubt is needed for me to stay one night at this motel that looks as though it was abandoned for far too long. 

"Here is your key" 

He says, taking out a phone and staring at the screen. I take the key, slowly, judging the service of this motel. 

"Can you please show me to my room?" 

He moves away from behind the counter without speaking a work. I follow, expecting him to guide me to where I will be staying over night. 

As we reached the room, he puts his phone into his red jacket that seems to have been pulled out from under this building. 

"Here is your room, it gots every thang you need, no need to make complain, especially noise complains" 

He says to me with a weak smile. He walks away while pulling back out his phone. 

"Hey, thanks" 

He turns around and returns a 'have a good stay'

And that was it, i'm finally away from home, where he is most-likely trying to climb through my bedroom window by now, or, maybe already waiting under my bed, in my closet, with a knife perhaps? a gun? ropes. Or maybe, maybe this is my paranoia speaking, again, maybe he is not there or, better yet, does not exist at all. Maybe I created him to accompany my lonely. Maybe I've wasted $55 dollars on a crappy motel, with sweaty clothing on my back to give meaning to my meaningless life. 

But, look at me, i'm still thinking, over thinking maybe. "A cold shower would do just fine right now"

I turn on the shower faucet, the faucet shook a little and it took a while until the water finally came running out. "I expected worst anyway" Maybe having your expectations low comes in handy at some point. 

whilst in the shower, I began thinking of, Mr. Gene, Daniel Gene, I don't know why but, thinking of him made me forget about how cold the water was. Was thinking of him in this way wrong? I couldn't stop thinking of how, nice he was to me, even though it was just for a moment it meant, so much to me. His, warm chest, soft touch, lips, just imagine his strong hands on my waist that day, going lower, and low... No, no this is wrong. 

"This is wrong" I quickly turned off the shower, wrapped the towel around me, then slam my self on the noisy spring stained bed. 

"What am I doing, what the hell am I doing here." I turn my head towards the window, how terrifying it was to have the image of his hand tainted on that window, on my window, at home, how scared I was, how scared I am right now just by that memory. I quickly sat up, and because of the silence that danced with the night, it reminded me of how lonely I was, how lonely I am. Daniel would be amazing company right now.

Without any hesitation,  I took the number that he gave me out my school bag, swiftly grabbed the phone then dialed the number. 

It never occurred to me how nervous I was until the phone began to ring.