OUR HOME

26th December 2009____1pm

STRANGER'S P.O.V.

it was around 1pm, the time I was to hold the one I love. I shook under the thick, sticky substance. it covered my body fully, like a mask. I wasn't taking the risk of anyone else seeing me, but when its time for her to see me, ill wipe the hot, dark brown mucky mask off my face, then she'll see the man from her sweet nightmares.

I left the dark forest, from the broken mansion I lived in, with only one room which sat in the midst of the lonely forest. the streets were dark. silently, I walked across it, leaving trails of mud. step by step I was closer to the house, closer to her, closer to my love, closer, closer, quietly, nervously, anxiously, desperately, determined to see, her, wanting to hold her, I'm sweating, I'm walking faster, she's getting closer.

I kicked open the front gate which was apparently locked shut. up the walkway, to the front door. I said to her it must be left unlocked, but it wasn't. I knocked on the door, no answer. I knocked again, and again, louder, and louder, but she never came to welcome me inside. I grabbed the door knob and shook it, then violently, after no answer, or response of no kind, stepped back twice, looked up at her room window, the lights were on, and I see something beautiful, someone beautiful, staring at me through the slightly lifted curtains. I could see her move swiftly away from the window as our eyes met, met for the first time, it was a moment that will be nailed into my memory, her eyes from afar, barely seen, and it was all beautiful, even the fear in her.

The lights were clicked off after Yukki moved away from the window. I walked carefully, then quickened my pace around the house, then met the front door once more. the house was larger than I thought, and all the lights were now off. Maybe she forgot, maybe she forgot my promise, maybe she forgot that she should be in bed, with unlocked doors, and open ears, to hear me coming. but it was all wrong. I kicked on the front door, and was tempted to brake it down, but I didn't want to ruin 'our home'. The windows were bolted shut, all doors were locked, and there were no signs of Yukki in the house anymore, except for the soft, slow walking across the board floors of her home, but I couldn't see her. I couldn't see her and it was making me angry. half of me wanted to stop, turn around, and head back to the little box in the midst of the forest, but most of me wanted to stay, I didn't know what to do, and I was stuck between braking my promise, or finding a way to get to Yukki, so, I slowly lift my left, muddy hand, and placed it on the glass window, with fingers spread wide, I could feel her near, and I know she is watching, I can hear her heavy breathing, begging me to come closer, but I let these simple walls separate us this night, I let this happen, and I promise Yukki, next time, I won't let it. NOTHING, shall separate us again, not even the things I am incapable of.