Cole Imagine for Gabriela

***

Oooh a friendly Imagine :3 Haven't done one yet, I hope you like it!

~ Alana

***

You stare at the randomly measured bowls of ingredients in front of you, dazed. It was raining outside, so you'd called over your close friend, Cole, over to stay in and hang out with you. It felt like a fairly lazy day, anyways, and it gave you the perfect excuse to bake some cookies.

Cole sits on a stool in front of you, swinging his feet with his head buried in his phone screen, humming Rude. You smile. It was quiet days like this that was best to hang out with him. He was much more introverted than everyone thought. You'd know Cole since you were in diapers, so you knew that. Since his girlfriend, Cassidy, was okay with the two of you hanging out from time to time, you grabbed up every oppurtunity to see him. With him being on tour and going out with Cas' all the time, you barely caught him at the right time today.

You glanced up briefly after a while, shaping the cookie dough into balls and placing them on a cookie sheet. You smile.

"I'm glad we're finally hanging out," you say, for about the thousandth time. "I haven't seen you since Heartless came out."

He nodded, his beanie flopping up and down. "I've been meaning to come," he explained, absentmindedly. "But I got really busy..."

You nodded. stick the tray in the oven, dusting off your hands.

"You'll starting visiting more often, right?"

No reply.

"Cole?"

He didn't seem to hear you; he was too infatuated in whatever was on the screen.

You roll your eyes. Pouting, you look back down at the mess of flour and chocolate chips you'd made on the counter. A lightbulb seems to go of in your head.

Without thinking, you scoop up a handful of flour and launch it in Cole's direction.

He jumps up, looking down dumbfoundedly at his now-white clothing, then back up at you, blinking away the dust.

"Gab'!What was tha-"

You shrug, tossing another handful of flour at him, much to his dismay and annoyance.

His face lightens, and he darts to your side of the kitchen, scooping up flour in both his hands and dumping it on top of your head. Your shriek as the powder crumbles onto your face, slapping him away weakly.

"Not fair!" you gasp, giggling.

He smears a dot of flour on the tip of your nose. "Yes it is!"

You fake a pout, but suddenly, your mouth tugs into a slow smile. You dip your finger into the bowl, then dragging it across his lip. He wrinkles his nose.

You curl it up at the end. "There. Now you finally have a mustache."

He gently slaps your cheek, leaving a trace of his hand in white.

You bite back a laugh as you stare at his content expression as he draws swirls and squiggly lines in the blanket of flour that covered your once-clean kitchen.

"Dude," you gasp. "You should see your face right now."

His jaw is hung slack for a moment, before he rips off his beanie {now thick with flour}, retrieving his phone from his pocket and turning on his front-facing camera.

He slumps to the ground, studying his image for a few minutes. Gradually, he begins to laugh, and you do too.

"You're right," he admits with a chuckle. "I do look like a mess."

You grab the phone from him, puckering your lips out into the camera as he sticks out his tongue. You take a picture and watch his face fall.

"That's blackmail," you tease.

He laughs, shaking his head. "I want to keep it, actually. I want to remember today. I miss it."

You sigh, dusting flour off of your clothes. You tip your head to the side, onto his shoulder.

"I miss it too."

***

I hope you liked it, Gabriela!

~ Alana