Cole Imagine for Missy

***

Hi! Your name is everything ahah :; I hope you enjoy this!

~ Alana

***

Cole was always more than a friend to you.

Sure, he treated you like a sister, maybe even like a brother, but it never seemed to faze you. He was gorgeous, hilarious, sweet, and had always genuinely cared about you. He had never failed to be there for you, and vice-versa.

But the two things you hated the most about Cole Alan Pendery?

The fact that he didn't feel the same way, and, the worst of all...

Cassidy Shaffer.

Head cheerleader. His girlfriend. Probably a model in some country you couldn't pronounce the name of.

Okay, so technically, they weren't together. They were on a break, but they were this close to making up. She claimed to have needed "her space", whereas you hated spending a minute away from him. I knew that she always hated you, too. She's just jealous because Cole never chased you away like she wanted him to. He was too nice to her.She only kept him around because he was the captain of our school's football team, giving her quite the advantage in our homecoming and prom campaigns. 

And no, you weren't making that up, either. You'd hid out in the stall of a girls bathroom and listened as she'd told her best friend, Lex, all about it. You found Cole instantly, planning on hiding it from him. It was his last game for the season, and it counted towards college. You wouldn't distract him like that.

Maybe.

Technically not your fault that it happened to slip out. You were blabbering so quickly, you were surprised he caught it.

"W-wait, what? She said that?" His usual smile was nowhere to be found.

You nodded sheepishly. "I-I'm sorry, Cole... I didn't want you to be upset, I just-"

He'd already rushed out of the door, tears streaming down his cheeks, reminding you of his pain for hours to come.

***

The stands were packed with overly supportive parents and stoned students with nothing better to do on a Friday night. You even contemplated not coming, but it was for Cole, after all. You never missed a game. The sky was overcast, promising rain. You knew that Cole wouldn't let that stop him, but you knew something that would.

Cassidy.

She was stretching and showing off at the bottom of the bleachers, her skirt a few inches short of a belt. She pulled it up higher so that it was uneceassarily short. Her eyes caught yours, and she scowled, whispering something to Lex, who fiddled with her pompoms and laughed.

You groaned inwardly. The last place you wanted to be was right here, right now. You couldn't keep seeing Cole get hurt by her, and let it happen, too.

The game started, but you could barely concentrate on what was going on. The soundof your own thoughts drowned out every cheer that surrounded you. Your eyes were locked on Cole, amd ocassionally on Cassidy. Cole kept looking at her, and you doubted that he noticed you. The other team kept scoring; Cole was too distracted to make any touchdowns. She ruined his game.

Or maybe it was you.

Anger bubbled in your stomach, and before you could process it, you had gotten up to leave. Behind you, the cheers broke out into fully blown screaming, then quiet, confused murmurs. You heard footsteps run up behind you. Whipping aorund, you were face to face with Cole.

Your heart jumped. "Cole" you hiss."What the hell are you doung? Get back out there, they need you!"

His cheeks were flushed, and he clutched his helmet in his hands, trembling. "Missy? W-where are you going?" he panted.

You looked around, initimidated by the stares from the crowd and the glares from Cassidy.

You gulp. "I'm leaving, now pl-"

He cuts you off with a kiss.

It takes you by surprise, and at first, you can't move. You begin to breath slowly, moving into him. All around you, people cheer, some saying "aww!".

You pull away from him. "C-Cole... I"

He shushes you. "If you thought I had feelings for Cassidy, you were so wrong." He leans in, kissing you again, but this time, you know exactly what to do. You cath a glimpse of Cassidy's slack-jawed reaction, and you smile as a raindrop drops down from the huge storm-clouds that hung low to the field. While everyone else goraned, whined, complained, and shielded themselves from the rain, you just kiss Cole, again, then again after that. So what if you weren't some preppy, cheerleading princess? You had your prince now.

***

I hope you enjoyed it, Missy!

~ Alana