Dana Imagine for Olivia

***

Hah, my best friend's name it Olivia :3 And she's a Dana-girl! So this is for her, too! I hope you enjoy, love.

~ Alana

***

You slump lazily over the couch, flipping through channels before finally settling on old re-runs of Spongebob Squarepants. It's about 11:00 p.m now, and although you had your close friend, Dana, over, you were both bored out of your mind with no source of entertainment other than each other. 

You tip your head to the side, in the crook of his neck, He seems half asleep, but awake enought to acknowledge you.

"You tired?" you mumble, yawning.

He shakes his head lightly. "Not really. Just bored. You?"

You shrug, pulling your beanie over your eyes. "There's nothing too do," you whine.

He is silent for a moment. Then, much to your surprise, he jumps up, stares at your confused expression with animated, innocent eyes. and rips the beanie off of your head, causing your hair to fall in wisps over your face messily. 

You narrow your eyes, scrambling to fix your hair. "Dana!" you hiss. "Give it!"

He smirks, childishly sticking his tongue out. "You have to catch me first!" He laughs and darts away, into the hallway outside.

You groan, stumbling up, chasing after him. By the time you catch up to where you think he is, he isn't there. You raise your eyebrows and peer around. "Dana?" You peer out of a nearby window that provides a view to your backyard. Sure enough, Dana is standing a few feet away, giggling through at you. You press your hands against the cool glass, your lips tugging into a smile.

You dash outside, and, as you'd assumed, Dana was already turning the corner of your house. You ended up laughing and chasing each other around in the darkness fo ra few minutes. He eventually ran out of breath first, doubled over in laughter and lack of air. You catch up, panting, grabbing your beanie weakly.

"Oh my gosh," you gasp. "Never do that again. I feel like I'm having a heart attack."

He laughs, reaching down and tickling your side, causing you to squirm away. "But we're out of the house noooooowww," he sings. His eyes flicker to the roof, and before you know it, he's scrambled up to the top, leaving you in silence to follow him.

You huff when you reach the top. Typical, crazy Dana. "Dude, seriousl-" You stop and stare at him for a moment. He's laying on his back, looking up in awe.

You look up too. The sky is studded with stars, all in different shapes and sizes, all creating their own patterns and pictures. Maybe he saw something much ore beautiful in them than you could imagine in your wildest dreams. At least, that's what his expression read.

You scoot over, closer to him, laying on your back and clutching your beanie close to your chest. "Whatcha lookin' at?" you ask in a breathy whisper.

He smiles. "The stars." He points to a constellation in the distance. "See? That one looks like... a dog. Playing golf."

You can't help but laugh. "I can't say I see that. It looks like a big blob of sparkles."

He nudges you in the arm, teasingly. It's silent for a moment, the only sound between the two of you being your ragged breath and his heartbeat.

He points to another. "That one looks like you, over there."

You squint, trying to catch a better glimpse. It looked like a bunch of stars, to you.

"Oh yeah? How?"

He bites his lips, shyly, and even in the darkness, you see his cheeks heat up.

"It's beautiful."

Your heart freezes, and you slowly begin to blush, suddenly nervous because of his close proximity.

"O-oh... thanks..." you manage to whisper.

He nods, looking up as you both lay there, in awe of your respective views. He reaches down, slowly, intertwining his fingers in yours. You both smile, content that the stars weren't the most beautiful thing that night.

***

I hope you enjoyed this!

~ Alana