David Imagine for Bree

***

You stretch out near the large mirror plastered on the wall of your dance studio, observing the other dancers praticing moves. You admired them all, honestly. Although you were a newer member of you dance class, you learned quite easily, much to the older students' surprise.

Your dance teacher, David Scarzone, called everyone into the center of the dance floor.

"Okay guys, as you all know, this competition is crucial. It could mean everything to use, including keeping our studio. We need the money."

You all nod, adn you feel a lump forming in your throat. You had instantly lost faith in yourself. This battle meant everything to David; he'd talked about it for weeks on end and never let you all forget how proud he was that you learned so quickly. You'd had feelings for him since the day you step foot in his class, but you tried to shake it off. He was, after all, your dance teacher.

He began the routine for the thousdanth time that week, again. You had is memorized, but you foudn yourself completely distracted by David the entire time.

After a while of missing steps and skipping forward in the routine too much, David stopped you, resting a gentle hand on your shoudler.

"You need help?" he whispered. You blush as the other dancers bite back amused laughs.

You let your pride get the best of you, and you shake your head. "No, not really." You walk off into the back of the dancers, hoping that if you practiced back there, you wouldn't get distracted by him.

An dso, the routine continues, and instead of trying to ignore him, you find yourself searching for him instead.

David cuts the music off and turns slowly to look at you.

"Bree," he sighs. 

You shake your head. "I'm sorry! I'll get it down, I prom-"

"C'mere." He walks over, taking your hand, sending the others a dismissive look. they all mumbled quietly amongst themselves before splitting up and going about their business.

You look at David shyly.

"You didn't have to do that," you whisper shyly.

He smiles, pushing a lock of hair out of your face.

"Well, I did, anyways."

You blush, looking down. "yeah, I know how much this competition means to you..."

He tipped his head to a side. "I'm not doing this because I care about winning, I'm doing it to help you, because I know how much dancing means to you."

You look up, surprised. "Really? T-thanks, that's really sweet..." Your heart jumps a bit in your chest.

He nods knowingly. "I just really care about you Bree. Just so you know."

You smile slowly. 'I care about you, too. A lot."

He blushes a little. "I can tell."

Surprisingly, you are able to finish the routine easily in his arms, following his each and every step. But, even more than before, his words are etched into your brain, and you can't erase them.

***

I hope you liked it, Bree!

~ Alana